Talk

Advanced search

to have no idea what to do this weekend?

(8 Posts)
mellowbird Fri 17-Jun-11 14:01:58

i just can't think of anything....on my own with 3 boys,11,6 and 4...not much money,no inspiration and weather prob going to be wet...ideas anyone?

ibbydibby Fri 17-Jun-11 14:17:09

Splashy walk with wellies, waterproofs and umbrellas? Always makes my boys in a better mood, and will concentrate on something (rather than beating each other up!) You could go armed with a list of things for them to find/spot.

Alternatively / additionally: make some buns (on your own, or with boys taking turns). Then ice/decorate them, or buy (if funds permit) some of those small tubes of writing icing. Another thing that my 2 enjoy - perhaps as we don't do it very often.

Get the 2 older ones to write a letter to a friend or relative, younger 1 draws a picture. Then off to post box (you never know they may get a reply!)

Are these any good? Reading back they seem a bit old-fashioned...

mellowbird Fri 17-Jun-11 16:05:33

no,they are just the sort of things we do...feels a bit groundhog day for me just lately,the boys don't seem to mind,it's me that's getting bored!! thanks for your ideas : )

thisisyesterday Fri 17-Jun-11 16:06:58

go swimming? ice skating? have a nice day at home with a dvd and some popcorn?

Pumpernickel10 Fri 17-Jun-11 16:07:53

Feck all methinks as its going to be raining sad

Shaxx Fri 17-Jun-11 16:13:55

I'd definitely get them out for a bit rain or no rain! The earlier the better.
Local park, waterproofs.

Does your local cinema do those £1 10am kids shows? though maybe too childish for the 11 yr old.

bowling?

dancing to music.

computer game/games console session.

Dvd and popcorn.

Pumpernickel10 Fri 17-Jun-11 19:21:52

DD goes horseriding come rain or shine

mdowdall Fri 17-Jun-11 19:34:29

Pay the older one a fiver to watch the younger two while you have a lager/crisps/dvd sesh all aft.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now