Talk

Advanced search

To wish people would let me decide if this is a disaster or not?

(7 Posts)
Hormoneoverload Fri 17-Jun-11 13:06:57

Might have to have a c section for dc 3. Quite unworried, if I did it would be unavoidable and to avoid baby dying. Bit fed up with the responses of others, however well meaning. True we were planning a home birth but only if all straightforward and I see no great disaster in our situation. So Aibu to wish that people would be a bit led by how I'm responding to our situation rather than painting it as doom and gloom. We will have a baby, safely and for me, that is to be celebrated. I could be unable to reach medical help and risking death if I were in the same situation in some parts of the world. I really respect people's feelings about birthing options, but if I am choosing not to be upset, please could they not be either, at least in front of me.

YANBU - you will be getting gorgeous baby - as long as he/she gets here safely everything else is irrelevant!

mumof4sons Fri 17-Jun-11 13:18:11

I agree with you. Having had 2DCs already, and I am assuming they weren't C section, you know that this would not be the way that you wanted this birth to go. However, this is for your unborn baby's health, and you wouldn't want it another way.

Good luck for the birth, which ever way it goes, and speedy recovery to you. It will be all worth it for that little bundle.

Hormoneoverload Fri 17-Jun-11 13:24:30

It's partly because I do, privately hurt a bit at the moment and because I am missing dc's while in hospital, possibly for a week to two weeks, that I need my public positivity to be respected. The only way to get through the inevitable slight non ideals in life for me is to tackle them positively. And I just don't need others to make them bigger for me. Especially when things could be hugely hugely more serious. I know they're trying to be empathetic. Just a bit frustrating.

itisnearlysummer Fri 17-Jun-11 13:25:34

Of course YANBU. How unfair of other people.

Don't listen to them!

Oh and don't....look.....up....

Celerydion Fri 17-Jun-11 13:32:22

YANBU - i've had 2 emergency c-sections for very different reasons. Although not the 'ideal' birth that some people seem to be a bit obsessed with, I will always be incredibly greatful to all the medical staff for bringing dd and ds safely into the world and of course looking after me! I have been lucky that recoveries from both have been straighforward. Not a disaster at all. Good luck smile

meowchut Fri 17-Jun-11 14:08:20

Don't tell anyone?

Oh, and I went into hospital for a week when DD was 9 months old. I SCREAMED the first night as I thought I would miss her so much, but actually I was ok (bad mother?). She was fine too, more than fine. I just concentrated on what I was in hospital for, it helped.

Good luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now