Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask how I get deleted from here?

(31 Posts)
emptyshell Fri 17-Jun-11 07:54:00

Anyone got an email address or something I can mail to get my account nuked?

kreecherlivesupstairs Fri 17-Jun-11 07:57:16

I think that if you press report in the top right hand corner, it will go directly to MNHQ and you can ask there.
Why do you want to do that though? [nosy]

CadleCrap Fri 17-Jun-11 07:57:17

To deregister go to mymumsnet then my profile.

usualsuspect Fri 17-Jun-11 07:58:35

My MN
Then Registration details
option to de register at the top of the page

emptyshell Fri 17-Jun-11 07:58:52

Thank you guys - knew there had to be a nuke button somewhere.

Kreecher - when someone says something that gets you so wound up and upset that you struggle to get to sleep that night - then it's not worth sticking around (trying to avoid the thread about a thread thing).

OooohShiny Fri 17-Jun-11 07:59:22

here

www.mumsnet.com/member/login.html?call=RegistrationRemoval

bruxeur Fri 17-Jun-11 07:59:46

I think you want Flouncer's Corner, or whatever it's called.

GooGooGadget Fri 17-Jun-11 08:03:10

I can't agree, YABU.

The world is a big place and MN is too.

There may be some people you'd rather avoid, but there are lots of lovely people that you might not meet!

And on here it's easier to 'hide' them, or tell them to fuck off and then once they have fucked off fuck off some more than in RL.

I'm sorry that someone has been able to upset you so much OP.

usualsuspect Fri 17-Jun-11 08:04:05

Just take a break for a bit

JamieAgain Fri 17-Jun-11 08:07:37

If you feel you might be tempted to come back and can't stop yourself, email MNHQ and ask them to "ban" you for a definite or indefinite period of time

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Fri 17-Jun-11 08:19:00

Think I know the thread you are talking about.

Please just take a break. If it is that one I really don't think those comments were directed at you, just in agreement with the op.

I actually feel really sorry that you're feeling like this, and I wasn't even on the thread!

IWantToBeAFairyWhenIGrowUp Fri 17-Jun-11 08:19:17

I've just seen why you are so upset. sad.

Can you hide the poster in question as I know you can hide the thread.

Omigawd Fri 17-Jun-11 08:38:13

Another, lower effort option is just to not visit the website. This has the benefit of having a return option when you get off your high horse if you so desire smile

fastweb Fri 17-Jun-11 08:58:16

The real issue I found was how to stop yourself getting the itch and coming back under a new profile after "just going for a lookl" when a sudden urge hit me.

I needed to take a "forever" step back from an online community I had been part of for years. But there was a slight willpower issue.

So I set up my internet security settings to block that site and assigned a random password on parental controls so I couldn't just casually override\cancel it (would have been a much older version of windows than I am using now, or possibly an old Mac OS). Having to work out how to retrieve and reset the password was such a fiddle that I was able to let the desire to go back and have a nosy pass, rather than click my way through on a whim.

MyPrettyFloralBonnet Fri 17-Jun-11 09:14:06

I've just read the posts in question and they were pretty horrible. If MN is adding to your pain then you're totally correct to go, but I'm sure it was you I 'spoke' to a while back and I found what you said very helpful so I for one will be sorry to think you've been driven off by a hurtful poster.

All the best smile

PinotsKittens Fri 17-Jun-11 09:31:58

emptyshell I've spoken with you before now about certain things and I know life is tough. I wouldn't de-reg, just take a break for a week or so, the come back and avoid AIBU.

And remember my favourite quote "No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" by Eleanor Roosevelt.

JudysJudgement Fri 17-Jun-11 09:33:35

you go away and find another forum - no need for drama and flounciness and announcing you will never darken these doors again

simples

PinotsKittens Fri 17-Jun-11 09:45:38

empty I've now read that twattish thread. The poster was bullish and insensitive and really pushed your button, and deliberately after your explanatory post.

If you searched all of MN I don't think you'd find another one so rude or hurtful on that topic.

For that reason, you should stay.

<my vizsla needs you emoticon>

DooinMeCleanin Fri 17-Jun-11 09:47:41

Nooooo, emptyshell, don't go. You are one of the posters I like. Don't let one twatish poster push you away from your support site.

SybilBeddows Fri 17-Jun-11 09:48:52

I saw that post, bloody outrageous. Don't leave because of one horrible person when there are literally thousands and thousands of nice people here.

LoveBeingAbleToNamechange Fri 17-Jun-11 10:03:05

PinotsKittens, my fav quote also!

boohoohoo Fri 17-Jun-11 10:16:40

Empty, just read that comment, it was a really unecessary nasty thing to say, but remember most people arent like that, don't go x

Maryz Fri 17-Jun-11 10:23:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lambzig Fri 17-Jun-11 11:00:15

Emptyshell that comment was really unpleasant, but do please read that most of the commenters were supportive of mumsnetters without children and would certainly appreciate professional advice.

My sympathy with your situation (11 years of infertility unhappiness)

BeerTricksPotter Fri 17-Jun-11 11:07:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now