Talk

Advanced search

To be really really really pissed off when DH does this...

(7 Posts)
coproxamol Thu 16-Jun-11 22:28:23

walks into the room where I am OBVIOUSLY watching something on TV then proceeds to give me the minutae of his evening out?
I AM TRYING TO WATCH SOMETHING FGS. Why are you prattling on about your ffing lads night out? Can you not give me the same respect that I give to you when you are watching something on TV?
Walk in, observe me involved in a programme, sit down and keep schtum.
That is what I do when roles are reversed, so why the f**k can't you do it?
GGRRRRRRRRRR.

meltedchocolate Thu 16-Jun-11 22:32:29

YABU. Imagine wanting a relationship with your wife rather than a screen confused

MinnieBar Thu 16-Jun-11 22:40:21

Get a PVR. Press pause. Nod, smile, go 'mmm?' a bit til he's done. Press play. Sorted.

coproxamol Thu 16-Jun-11 22:45:55

I have no problem with sky+ ing stuff. But what really, really, pisses me off is that, when HE is watching something it's all "ssshhhhh". When it's me it doesn't even bloody register!

BluddyMoFo Thu 16-Jun-11 22:46:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TakeMeDrunkImHome Thu 16-Jun-11 22:47:42

Make a point of talking through something he particularly wants to watch. ExP used to do this all the time. Get in from pub at eleven, i'm settled down watching something sex and the city some intellectual documentary and he starts waffling. Just started talking through his WW2/Ice Pilots/similar crap until it sunk in grin

coproxamol Thu 16-Jun-11 22:57:31

Thank god tommorrow night is "soap night". I am going to start "chatting" at 7pm and not stop till 9pm....he will so have lost it before then.
Pause button, yes. You would think that if your partner hits the pause button while you are mid-waffling they would get the message. Suppose it depends how utterley selfish you are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now