Talk

Advanced search

to throw everyones socks away

(11 Posts)
biddysmama Thu 16-Jun-11 22:25:30

theres 2 adults,1 big kid and 2 littlies, i have a huge bag of odd socks, baby socks in various shades of blue,white and pink, who knew there were so many shades of blue,white and pink? the big lad wears black socks for school which all seem to be different!

iabu to throw them all away and just buy loads of socks in the same style and one colour per person?

messymammy Thu 16-Jun-11 22:29:13

Ive done it. Go to Tesco and buy a shit load of white socks for kids, black for adults or similar. In our house dp has black sports socks, I have thin black socks, dd1 has white ankle socks and dd2 has teeney tiny white newborn socks.
Made my life soooooooo much easier. I've been reccomending it to everyone I know since. I just cannot keep socks in pairs.

AitchTwoOh Thu 16-Jun-11 22:32:14

did it quite recently, very liberating. same with my tights etc. all gone.

fireblademum Thu 16-Jun-11 22:34:10

Yes I did it too. Black for dh, grey for me, white for dc. Much easier.

superparty Thu 16-Jun-11 22:45:09

theres 8 of us and dh, ds 18, dd 13, all have same black socks but once washed can never match a pair, so every week at shopping we buy 6 pairs of black socks for 2.50, 8 pairs of white ankle socks for dd 7 dd 8 for 2.50, i have what evers going from the pound shop and dd 1 and ds 8mnths share baby white sock with coloured heels, saves loads of time pairing and saved my sanity the socks we threw away were nearly half a bin bag full :/

microserf Thu 16-Jun-11 22:48:58

it's really a very good idea. we have a similar system already operating. sainsburys are quite good for socks imo, although dd loves her george peppa pig socks (thank god, she has 8 pairs of them!).

amothersplaceisinthewrong Thu 16-Jun-11 22:50:20

I make DH and DS have different socks (I buy all socks in this house) as they are the same shoe size.

snailoon Thu 16-Jun-11 22:50:43

Just wear mismatched socks. Enjoy the wackiness.

lifeistooshort Thu 16-Jun-11 22:50:47

don't throw them away! Give them to the charity shop for textile recycling instead you'll be saving your sanity AND doing a good deed

LineRunner Thu 16-Jun-11 22:53:22

I did a version of this.

But do put the old socks in the textile recycling bin.

eurochick Thu 16-Jun-11 23:15:05

If you do that you will find that you end up with individual socks of slightly different colours where they have been matched up in different pairs each time and washed a different number of times.

I highly recommend the next socks with the coloured toes. They are v easy to pair up after a wash.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now