Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To judge those who shop in Boden?

(106 Posts)
o0FaintHearted0o Thu 16-Jun-11 22:24:02

Anyone who pays £15 for 1 normal simple t-shirt for a sproglet must be mad, surely!?

AIBU to think people who shop in Boden are mugs?

firemansamantha Thu 16-Jun-11 22:24:32

nbu

GypsyMoth Thu 16-Jun-11 22:25:02

i agree!!

its not even very stylish....dull and boring and a bit odd!!

thegruffalosma Thu 16-Jun-11 22:27:50

Don't like the look of a lot of the clothes and they're ridiculously expensive (even the monstrosities in the sale). I also like to try things before I buy and am very fussy so 90% of it would go back.

growingstrawberries Thu 16-Jun-11 22:33:26

I don't think I've ever paid £15 for a t shirt.

but my children wear a lot of boden. I normally buy it in the sales. I have found little to rival it for quality, tbh.

dd1 had a pair of trousers that she wore for 3 years - she was a portly toddler grin, and I used cotton nappies, so needed to buy trousers in a couple of sizes bigger.

bought her a pair of lined cords when she was about 2.6, which she wore until she was nearly 6. 3 years of being crawled in, messing about - lots of rough and tumble, and they were her outdoors trousers for school (SN school, so wears own clothes, and does lots of gardening etc).

and after she outgrew them, they are still fit to be worn and are awaiting dd2.

I bought them for £10, and have never seen similar quality elsewhere - not even close.

Likewise, she has several t shirts which have lasted for years. they probably won't be fit for dd2, but paying £10 and getting a few years constant wear out of a t shirt is not bad value at all in my book.

usualsuspect Thu 16-Jun-11 22:34:44

I've never bought boden in my life

In fact I had never heard of it before I joined MN

CaramelFreddo Thu 16-Jun-11 22:37:44

Their coats are fab and well worth the money.....but they only fit one of my 2 children as you need to be tall and very thin to fit them.

I think it's an image thing...like Apple products....

TakeMeDrunkImHome Thu 16-Jun-11 22:42:22

Also hadn't heard of it before MN. Will stick to Next, and I think that's expensive. clearly must be a non working northern benefit scummer emoticon

TakeMeDrunkImHome Thu 16-Jun-11 22:42:38

Ooh I made that bold. Go me.

TeddyMcardle Thu 16-Jun-11 22:45:26

<shrug> who cares where other people buy their clothes? I buy boden, can't afford it normally so buy in the sale and on ebay sometimes, I quite like their stuff and it does last. Heard of it before MN too!

Serenitysutton Thu 16-Jun-11 22:48:35

I think uabu to givea shit how/ where strangers spend their money

microserf Thu 16-Jun-11 22:51:34

i used to buy boden in the sale. not anymore though, now i am all about george @ asda.

but i don't care and don't judge other mums on how they dress their children as a rule.

worraliberty Thu 16-Jun-11 22:54:10

I've never heard of Boden before MN but it doesn't look nice from what I've seen of most of their stuff.

FreudianSlipper Thu 16-Jun-11 22:54:12

ds has a few boden bits and they have sold very well on ebay. bought them mainly off ebay and in the sales

i never wear boden, just not my style. maybe when i am 50

amothersplaceisinthewrong Thu 16-Jun-11 22:54:14

I ordered a couple of Boden dressess out of curiosity but sent them straight back as I did not think the quality justified the price. Nots sure I would really recognise anyone in boden clothes to be able to judge them!

MummyTubb Thu 16-Jun-11 22:56:32

I buy it. I like it. I can afford it.

No-one's business but mine.

Jonnyfan Thu 16-Jun-11 22:57:39

I'm gettin' kind of bored with being "judged"......

basingstoke Thu 16-Jun-11 23:01:25

It's a bit rude though, isn't it? A thread like this? No underlying humour. Just, well, a bit pointlessly mean-spirited.

ASByatt Thu 16-Jun-11 23:02:23

Of course YANBU........
........that is, if you really don't mind wasting your mental energies on something so utterly daft and generally no-skin-off-your-nose-none-of-your-business.....

Does it matter, really?

savoycabbage Thu 16-Jun-11 23:04:08

There are far more expensive clothes for children available than Boden.

o0FaintHearted0o Thu 16-Jun-11 23:07:32

No it doesn't really matter. But a whole load of tosh is talked about on here and while I don't waste my life worrying about people spending £15 on one t-shirt for a little one it did pass my mind while I sipped coke and ate kettle crisps as I surfed the net. Shoot me.

And anyway, judging is fun. Come join me up here.

FreudianSlipper Thu 16-Jun-11 23:08:46

i like that there childrens cloths are not minature adult outfits, they are cute and in nice bright colours. they do not have boden written across and i find it quite hard to find clothes that i like for ds. i buy his clothes from anywhere but as long as it has not got a name written all over it

basingstoke Thu 16-Jun-11 23:13:49

Kettle chips?

Surely the Boden of the crisp world...

o0FaintHearted0o Thu 16-Jun-11 23:18:42

Where's the like button on this site?

sue52 Thu 16-Jun-11 23:21:48

I am wearing Boden now. I like kettle crisps too. I've got an aga as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now