Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be REALLY annoyed that my neighbour's cat uses my garden as a litter tray??

(18 Posts)
IWillOnlyEatBeans Thu 16-Jun-11 19:22:33

Sorry if this topic has been done before, but AAARRGGGHHH!!!

Our neighbour's cat is always coming and pooping in our garden! It stinks! How come there are byelaws stating that people have to clean up after their dogs, but cats are allowed to roam around shitting wherever they please??

Is there anything I can do to deter it??

SuePurblybilt Thu 16-Jun-11 19:28:24

IF it's been done? IF? <shakes head sadly>. You know not what you do.

thejaffacakesareonme Thu 16-Jun-11 19:29:29

If you've got older DCs I'd buy them super soakers and tell them that they are to use them every time they see the cat in the garden. I'd also try speaking to your neighbour and ask if they can try and make their cat use a litter tray. You are right, there have been threads on this before and they usually turn nasty. You do have my sympathy though. Cat poo is disgusting and I hate it when I find it in our garden.

AgentZigzag Thu 16-Jun-11 19:30:53

blah blah blah

IWillOnlyEatBeans Thu 16-Jun-11 19:31:39

Sorry. I don't come on here that much so am not sure what has and has not been done (or what people are already sick of hearing about).

Will maybe go and have a chat with neighbours.

WowOoo Thu 16-Jun-11 19:34:05

I feel your pain.
They especially like freshly prepared soil where nice little plants are starting to grow.
And it's always a joy when your child is happily digging and finds a poo.

Lots of birds come to our garden so the locals are always hiding in our bushes (cats of course).

Water guns only get rid of them for a mo, but I'll keep trying.

SuePurblybilt Thu 16-Jun-11 19:34:57

That's alright, we are all free to do as many threads as we jolly well like. I was simply afeared for your safety smile. It has ended badly before now.....

I don't know if anyone has ever suggested anything other than the ordinary - pepper, spiky branches, lion poo etc. None of those work for me. Do you know which cat?

WowOoo Thu 16-Jun-11 19:35:21

Don't apologise. You're just having a moan, same as everyone else!

MrsWembley Thu 16-Jun-11 19:38:50

Probably been suggested a hundred times elsewhere, but the best way to keep the neighbours' cats from using your garden is to get a cat of your own...

larahusky Fri 17-Jun-11 23:29:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NonnoMum Fri 17-Jun-11 23:34:02

I've heard that you can buy Tiger Poo from the local zoo.

cat jumps over fence, sniffs the poo of an ubercat, thinks WTF, and legs it (or paws it)

VivaLeBeaver Fri 17-Jun-11 23:36:26

Jesus <hits head on desk>

Seriously Mumsnet Towers could we please have a new topic. Title of new topic something like "I hate cats that shit in my garden (also for threads about dog shit)"

Then the 15 threads on the same subject that we get every week can all go in there.

AgentZigzag Fri 17-Jun-11 23:41:17

Yeah, thanks for resurrecting the thread nonno.

Not the OP are you?

NonnoMum Fri 17-Jun-11 23:44:28

Oh no - is THIS where I heard that rumour?

< get my coat emoticon>

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Sat 18-Jun-11 00:52:01

Plant some of these in your garden - they don't take up much room and they're very pretty:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Coleus-Canina-Scaredy-Cat-Plants-Pack-5-Natural-/260793970114?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN&hash=item3cb8882dc2

MeconiumHappens Sat 18-Jun-11 15:02:10

Yabu. Its a cat. Too small to get a cork up its arse.

catgirl1976 Sat 18-Jun-11 15:11:41

God your neighbours are so irresponsible. Everyone knows how easy it is to toilet train a cat. I bet they havent even tried any of the books, talking to it or drawing a picture of it crapping in your garden with a big cross next to it. Thats how I stopped mine. Thier language skills are basic, but they totally get stuff if you draw it for them.

ITS A CAT FFS! What do you expect???

MeconiumHappens Sat 18-Jun-11 16:34:38

lol@drawing a pic of it crapping in garden and putting a big cross next to it lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now