Talk

Advanced search

To ruin his birthday surprise

(10 Posts)
LoopyLoopsBettyBoops Thu 16-Jun-11 18:46:11

For DH's birthday (end of July) I have bought him a 5metre bell tent. I am very excited. He also has lots of other smaller presents to open (camping related) and is having a surprise camping party.

This weekend we are going to a wedding and aren't able to stay unless we camp. Should I give it to him early? There are another couple of opportunities to use it before his birthday.

DH loves surprises and would prefer to open his presents on his birthday, but I think as we can make good use of it before then, it would be silly not to. What do you think?

Oh, and youngest DD will be one week old. This is old enough to camp, no?! grin

ashamedandconfused Thu 16-Jun-11 18:48:08

never mind DD, are YOU up to camping with a one week old? Thats brave!

LoopyLoopsBettyBoops Thu 16-Jun-11 18:50:12

Yeah, it's in my friend's parents' garden, won't be too tricky. Probably less chaotic than being here!

Goodynuff Thu 16-Jun-11 18:51:39

I took my DS camping in a tent in the wilds of Northern Ontario when he was 8 days old, and he survived ok grin
just make sure to bring portable shade and a bug net for covering her up.
At that age they don't much care where they are smile

LoopyLoopsBettyBoops Thu 16-Jun-11 18:54:07

Thanks. smile Wedding is in marquee so we'll be looked after nicely.

But AIBU about the surprise ruining?

pinkhebe Thu 16-Jun-11 18:57:03

no, he's an adult. Is there nothing you can 'save' for his birthday.

My husband had his present in March (his birthday is in December.) It's garden furniture - not much use in December grin

LoopyLoopsBettyBoops Thu 16-Jun-11 18:57:26

Doing it now!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrsTwinks Thu 16-Jun-11 18:57:51

tell him accomodation is sorted camping, get there and say happy early birthday?

TakeMeDrunkImHome Thu 16-Jun-11 19:03:56

Yeah I would do it, save something small back for the actual day maybe? Hats off to you camping with a week old!

LoopyLoopsBettyBoops Thu 16-Jun-11 20:58:02

He's very pleased and agrees with why I gave it to him early.

All 29 other presents will be saved for the day. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now