Talk

Advanced search

Is this baby led weaning or am I just lazy?

(16 Posts)
buxomwenchonapony Thu 16-Jun-11 17:17:47

dd2 (13 months) has thrown the pasta and homemade sauce I lovingly prepared for her tea at the wall. I am pissed off feeding her porridge, yoghurt and a banana instead. Oh, and some strawberries and blueberries. I cant be arsed with preparing anything else, am tired and feel like i spend half my lief cooking. DH says this is 'lazy', I say it is the best I can do.

AIBU to think this is fine?

thisisyesterday Thu 16-Jun-11 17:18:26

of course it's fine!

winnybella Thu 16-Jun-11 17:22:49

That what is fine? Feeding her just some fruit, porridge and yoghurt? No, it's not really varied enough. Does she eat eggs, cheese, meat or fish?

Feeding her a very limited diet doesn't have anything to do with BLW. Cook some carrots and give them to her, give her a chunk of cheese, avocado, pieces of meat, fish, eggs etc etc.

It is lazy, I'm afraid. You really can't be bothered boiling an egg? hmm

OnlyWantsOne Thu 16-Jun-11 17:24:39

arf at winny's post

has it made a modern art type look on the wall? little darlings arent they.
order her a kebab next time she shows such utter lack of respect for your cooking OP

MrsSchue Thu 16-Jun-11 17:24:49

This was for THIS meal, not every meal, if I read the post correctly. So yes, you're doing fine. Put feet up, eat the odd blueberry yourself and flick DH the v-sign behind his back.

buxomwenchonapony Thu 16-Jun-11 17:27:18

Of course she eats other things fgs! She had fish and veg at lunch, she eats really well. Jeez.

Clothilde Thu 16-Jun-11 17:27:42

winnybella - replacing a meal of pasta with porridge, yogurt and fruit on one occasion isn't feeding "a very limited diet", just not cooking 6 different meals in one evening to placate a fussy baby. If my kids don't eat the meal theu cook they can have bread, cheese, cereal yogurt or fruit, but not a whole different meal.

It sounds fine to me.

buxomwenchonapony Thu 16-Jun-11 17:28:57

Oh, and the wall looks like someone was murdered against it. Dh can clean it though, in payment for being a nob not thinking before he speaks.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Thu 16-Jun-11 17:29:53

i think you've done well to make porridge actually.
i can only be bothered to offer cold foods as an alternative if i've already cooked once.

AgentZigzag Thu 16-Jun-11 17:30:04

If he thinks it's lazy (which it's not) what's he preparing her instead then?

winnybella Thu 16-Jun-11 17:31:04

grin

Sorry. I read it that you always feed her just fruit and porridge. Yes, of course it's fine. Don't know why I misunderstood hmm

buxomwenchonapony Thu 16-Jun-11 17:31:55

He's at work, he was on the phone. But he doesn't ever cook anything, so thats a good point.

winnybella Thu 16-Jun-11 17:36:47

And, tbh, I would be rather pissed off if my DP told me I was being lazy for not cooking another meal from scratch that would perhaps appeal more to the little darling.

buxomwenchonapony Thu 16-Jun-11 17:38:59

Thank you Winny, I guess just porridge would be kind of limited! grin

And I am rather pissed off!

AgentZigzag Thu 16-Jun-11 17:39:16

So he's criticising you from afar then buxom?

mmmm I wouldn't be happy to be called lazy under any circumstances, but especially from someone who wasn't there and didn't do what he was calling me on.

kaid100 Thu 16-Jun-11 19:36:30

Perhaps if DH doesn't like today's menu for DC, he might like to prepare a new meal himself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now