Talk

Advanced search

tax credits renewal - renewed monday phoned hmrc as partners earnings over limitwhen will payments stop

(9 Posts)
tinkbig Thu 16-Jun-11 14:10:20

hi

phoned hmrc on monday to renew and tell them that partners earnings r over limit

when will the payments stop?

due a payment tom

they said that it would take a few wks and they would send awards

beatrixkitto Thu 16-Jun-11 14:32:11

You have my sympathy. Mine stopped straight away after updating them. I think it was the following day.

sparkle1977 Thu 16-Jun-11 14:39:08

be careful to keep an eye on them. when DH's earnings went above their limits they kept on paying us for months and then we had a big bill to repay as we didn't notice it coming in! in our experience HMRC are useless.

soverylucky Thu 16-Jun-11 14:45:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LineRunner Thu 16-Jun-11 23:35:09

I had to pay back £1500 over six months last tax year. It has nearly crippled me. Keep hassling them about your payments but do get something in writing from them if you can.

Not that even maths graduates can understand it.

keepingupwiththejoneses Thu 16-Jun-11 23:40:18

I have just done my renewal, they told me a few weeks but it was sorted within day. I would not be surprised if your payments stop straight away.

tinkbig Fri 17-Jun-11 11:05:50

still got payment only owe them £120

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 17-Jun-11 11:15:00

If you think your new award is zero, salt any payments you receive away in a savings account so that if/when they ask for the money back, you don't have a problem finding it.

Elloeise Fri 17-Jun-11 11:25:49

When I told them of a change in april, they stopped all payments from that day while they updated my claim and I wasnt paid again untill last week. Ive still not recived any paperwork from them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now