Talk

Advanced search

To make a Nazi reference on DP's note?

(23 Posts)
FromagePray Thu 16-Jun-11 13:57:31

Sick to death of him being so fucking bossy and grumpy and whingy and controlling all the time. He makes up random rules for the house and everyone has to jump and obey them. Yesterday morning I woke to find a note pinned to the bathroom door saying "KEEP DOOR CLOSED". I mean, fucking orders pinned up around the house for us to obey???

So underneath I wrote "All non-compliants will be sent to Auschwitz". He came home from work saying I was pathetic and childish.

AIBU??? Would you put up with your OH pinning his orders to doors around the house?

Happymm Thu 16-Jun-11 13:59:26

Er, no! We tend to do that funny thing called talking...tends to work a bit better IMO grin

MrSpoc Thu 16-Jun-11 13:59:34

Ha ha tell him to fuck right off. (its ok putting orders around the place but you do not have to follow them).

Its like the old - Women like the toilet seat down and men like it up. Personel Preferance and no one is right or wrong

feckwit Thu 16-Jun-11 14:00:53

why did the bathroom door need to be kept closed?
This is a tough one because just leaving notes doesn't seem that controlling to me, I mean, my DH leaves for work before we get up, it would make sense for him to leave us a note if he discovered something - ie "keep back door locked" becuse he knew we always left it unlocked or something!

I have been known to stick a note up if my children keep forgetting something like "take shoes off in here!".

So what's the real problem with it?

nenevomito Thu 16-Jun-11 14:00:53

Well, I wouldn't have used an Auschwitz analogy, but if he is leaving notes like that, calling you childish is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

Being bossy, controlling and leaving instructive notes doesn't make him sound very pleasant.

No, I wouldn't put up with DH doing that. I would probably shove it up his ass nose.

TechLovingDad Thu 16-Jun-11 14:01:40

I agree with tell him to fuck off. Who does he think he is?

Surprised you let him get away with it, don't let him do it again.

messybessie Thu 16-Jun-11 14:01:42

Well he is clearly being unreasonable by leaving you NOTES for you to obey.

But I think writing that underneath as out of order. For one, it's a really offensive to make light of. OK maybe he wasn't offended but enough people on here would be.

And also, you are being as pathetic and childish as he is. Just say, I'm not responding to notes. Please can we discuss things like adults.

Flisspaps Thu 16-Jun-11 14:03:52

YABU to use the Auschwitz analogy.

YANBU to think he's an arse for putting the sign up. I'd have taken the sign down and stuck it up his arse

AgentZigzag Thu 16-Jun-11 14:04:31

YABU to say on a public forum that you used Auschwitz to make a sarky remark to your DP, but you're not to be pissed off at the random rule making.

You don't seem to be the type of person who will bow down and obey though, so just tell him to go and fuck himself.

turdass Thu 16-Jun-11 14:20:25

I think you were spot on!

MrsTwinks Thu 16-Jun-11 14:35:38

i think it depends on your humour TBH. Its VERY VERY black humour but if thats you and DP then IMO I think you hit the spot in pointing out that hes being a twat. Otherwise its a bit too far.

yes im very very evil with my humor as is my DH so i'm giggling a bit imagining my dh reaction in that situation. I know I am a very very bad person (DH is ancestrally german too) blush

Pandemoniaa Thu 16-Jun-11 14:36:15

YAB entirely U to bring Auschwitz into it. But not to object to this ridiculous rule making and associated notices. Quite when was it that he was elected Chief Petty-minded Officer in your house?

nenevomito Thu 16-Jun-11 14:52:04

Can I direct you and your DH to passiveaggressivenotes

TeaAndToast68 Thu 16-Jun-11 15:16:03

To people who have looked into the horrors of Nazism, this would be absolutely shocking and revolting. Think of the most disgusting thing you can (perhaps involving child murder ot mutilation) and it's worse.

StewieGriffinsMom Thu 16-Jun-11 15:21:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WhoAteMySnickers Thu 16-Jun-11 15:35:31

How old are you both?

No, I wouldn't put up with ordering notes being pinned up around the house, nor would I reply via note if he did.

spookshowangel Thu 16-Jun-11 15:44:01

i would have laughed an tore the note down to be honest its pathetic. i dont think you are being ur.

Pumpernickel10 Thu 16-Jun-11 15:44:26

Very crass op take a visit to Auschwitz then tell me if you think it's funny to make fun of it. I have been there and it's an experience you cant quite explain.
What's wrong with a normal "fuckoff" usually works ok for me.

Andrewofgg Thu 16-Jun-11 17:43:23

It's jut not a subject for joking. Ever. By anybody. Whatever the circumstances. Find another way to make your point.

kittybuttoon Thu 16-Jun-11 19:10:45

You are not being unreasonable, deffo.

My response to a rude note was to pin an unflattering photo of OH to the outside of the front door with a label saying 'These premises are guarded by this man'

Made him laugh - and he never left any more notes!

Andrewofgg Thu 16-Jun-11 20:43:38

When I get home on Thursday evenings and find a note on the inside door of the porch from DW saying PUT BINS OUT (which at the moment due to knee trouble she can't) is that "controlling" or is it just a reminder so that I don't come in and take off my coat and tie and shoes and get comfortable and then have to go out and do it? Is OP being over-sensitive in the first place?

TeddyMcardle Thu 16-Jun-11 20:47:01

I love passive aggressive notes.

TechLovingDad Fri 17-Jun-11 10:55:44

Andrewofgg, you know your DW better than us so I'm sure you'd know the tone is different to how OP described hers.

Also, you should ignore it until the morning, otherwise the cats and foxes will spread your rubbish up and down the street. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now