Talk

Advanced search

Travel insurance

(9 Posts)
knittedbreast Thu 16-Jun-11 08:57:28

can good companies or good prices? who have you used before?

its a one off trip for 6 days to spain for 2 adults and 2 children any good deals anyone know of?

Thanky wanky!

Filibear Thu 16-Jun-11 08:59:24

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MrsBethel Thu 16-Jun-11 09:38:06

MSE has some useful advice:
www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/cheap-travel-insurance

We ended up going for an annual policy for the whole family for £36 - should cover next year's holiday too!

When you're shopping around, make sure the policy gives enough cancellation cover. Some of the cheapest policies that came up on our searches only gave £1000 cancellation cover, which probably wouldn't cut it if there are four of you going to Spain.

porcamiseria Thu 16-Jun-11 09:44:55

depends, as you get what you pay for, we use american express as they cover for most eventuality

knittedbreast Thu 16-Jun-11 09:47:43

lol at cancellation cover, wouldnt cover us anyway as we go in two weeks.

I went to money supermarket and found a policy that covers all o us with Virgin money for 9.98

also our holiday inc flights only cost 850!

knittedbreast Thu 16-Jun-11 09:48:50

also, stupid question. would you need health insurance i you were in southern ireland?

meditrina Thu 16-Jun-11 09:52:41

An EHIC will cover you for the Republjc of Ireland, but travel insurance will (probably) give better cover and provision for repatriation.

We tend to use the policies you get from the Post Office - they seem as good as the rest and are competitively priced (haven't checked recently, though).

Amieesmum Thu 16-Jun-11 10:14:47

I used Virgin - 12 quid for 2 weeks, and were excellent when we had to make a claim in the second week when DD was taken ill.

knittedbreast Thu 16-Jun-11 10:16:41

thank you aimiesmum- you have made me eel much better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now