Talk

Advanced search

to want to shout it from the rooftops?

(13 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Thu 16-Jun-11 07:18:04

My baby slept through the night! She called out to me at 5.40, and in my confused state I assumed she was in the bed next to me, and DS was the one doing the calling out. I was utterly confused when I got into their room!

For anyone wanting to know the superior parenting which led to this grin I usually feed her back to sleep when she wakes, but she stayed with GPs the night before last and they obviously resettled her without feeding. I can't believe it;s a coincidence.
That said, DH has tried it fairly recently with no such luck, so I suppose either she was ready or it's total coincidence and from tonight she'll be back to waking 3 times a night!

StealthPolarBear Thu 16-Jun-11 07:19:47

Either way I feel we've reached a turning point, she is:

- OK to stay at GPs and
- can sleep through / almost through

I feel like the 'dreadful' nights are behind me, even if she doesn't start sleeping through consistently.
Oh no...why did I say that?

QueenCee Thu 16-Jun-11 07:20:31

Excellent news. How old is DD?

StealthPolarBear Thu 16-Jun-11 07:22:33

21 months

mumblechum1 Thu 16-Jun-11 07:24:23

21 months? You poor sod.

QueenCee Thu 16-Jun-11 07:26:20

Someone told me not to feed my DD back to sleep. I tried it, she cried for a couple of minutes and then woke in the middle of the night again!! It was amazing to finally get a decent nights sleep so I totally understand your need to shout it from the rooftops!!
Enjoy the feeling of getting some sleep!

QueenCee Thu 16-Jun-11 07:27:00

Sorry.... That should have said that she never woke again the night!!!

QueenCee Thu 16-Jun-11 07:28:13

Oh my god! That should say she never woke again in the middle of the night!!!
Need more sleep!!!

StealthPolarBear Thu 16-Jun-11 07:30:16

Yes, well that seems to be the advice but we have tried it with DH going in to resettle her, he settles her fine but it doesn't change anything from then on. Bet it's a coincidence - not going to get my hopes up.
Thanks everyone smile

StealthPolarBear Thu 16-Jun-11 07:30:45

Ironically I was up until 1ish so felt like death at 5.40 - but not her fault for once

QueenCee Thu 16-Jun-11 07:32:26

That's more annoying than when they wake you up isn't it? DD sleeps through the night now but I'm awake half the night with pregnancy induced bloody insomnia. Grrrr

Punkatheart Thu 16-Jun-11 07:33:36

My HV (who was a good 'un) told me off for feeding my dd in the night too.

'Unless you want to be making her beans on toast as the dawn rises when she is older, stop now,' she said.

I did stop and at six months, she slept through......

StealthPolarBear Thu 16-Jun-11 07:36:06

Ah but I had fed DS in the night until...well probably about this age...and then he just started sleeping throiugh (with a blip when DD was born). He now sleeps fantastically, no early morning beans on toast here! Though I do sometimes end up watching Tikkabilla while dozing on the sofa smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now