Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to thing that the new Duchess of Cambridge is just an alive Barbie Girl?

(96 Posts)
sassyminder Wed 15-Jun-11 21:35:42

Who can not even make a speech? Should she be able to make a speech being married with Prince William?

GypsyMoth Wed 15-Jun-11 21:38:40

give her a chance!!!

and barbie is blonde......

expatinscotland Wed 15-Jun-11 21:39:31

Who cares?

chicletteeth Wed 15-Jun-11 21:40:39

YABU.
Why the hell should she and regardless, who actually said she couldn't.
The fact that she stands there and looks beautiful doesn't mean she's incapable of anything else.

I'm a SAHM with 4 degrees; you'd never know it though by judging me on a daily basis!

You are probably jealous.

Still, never mind eh?

BuntyPenfold Wed 15-Jun-11 21:43:55

Barbie is blonde, duh.

celticlassie Wed 15-Jun-11 21:45:40

I'm sad to say that I'm inclined to agree with you. Yes she's beautiful and wears lovely clothes but I'd like to hear more from her - what does she believe in? What kind of "Royal" does she hope to be? She's a modern intelligent young woman - she should not just be a doll. It'd be different if she was working but she's not.

buttonmoon78 Wed 15-Jun-11 21:47:02

Why should she make speeches? I suppose once she's patron of various things in her own right then she will, but until then why?

Give the woman a chance.

LaVitaBellissima Wed 15-Jun-11 21:47:05

I'm with chicleteeth, now have a <fuck off emoticon> smile

sassyminder Wed 15-Jun-11 21:50:58

Cant you people not understand tha "being a barbie" was an allegory?
No I am not jealous
It was the headline of one of the papers today:
They are going to USA and Canada she wont make a speech but her hair will look perfect as she is taking her heardresser
So just made me wonder..

MrsMoosickle Wed 15-Jun-11 21:51:51

I like her, I think she's a smart cookie who looks great. pretty certain she will add value when the time is right too.

< borrows LavitaBellissima's emoticon>

Sassybeast Wed 15-Jun-11 21:52:42

But she's not taking her dresser wink

What on earth does a dresser do anyway? Hold the suitcase open?

Spenguin Wed 15-Jun-11 21:52:51

OP, I see your point.

I had actually never heard her speak until she said her wedding vows...and I went to the same university as her!

I think that as her so-called 'subjects' she really should interact with the public a bit more. Dare I say it, it almost feels as if we're being ripped off and don't really have a Duchess, iyswim.

BuntyPenfold Wed 15-Jun-11 21:54:15

An allegory? grin

MrsKravitz Wed 15-Jun-11 21:54:16

She was almost incoherent in her engagement interview

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 15-Jun-11 21:55:35

God - poor woman - perhaps give her a little more time before you know you start criticising her speechs as well.

She really is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't really.

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 15-Jun-11 21:56:14

And you know if she does wear a lot of British fashion well as the most marketable woman in the world in terms of shifting clothes - she'll be doing a good job.

sassyminder Wed 15-Jun-11 21:56:42

I hear you spenguin but now be careful with what you say before you get a F*off emoticon....twice
maybe is time to go surfing in others beaches
this one is getting depressing

GypsyMoth Wed 15-Jun-11 21:57:23

what is a 'heardresser'?

'can you people not understand'.....what people would that be then??confused

DogsBestFriend Wed 15-Jun-11 21:57:34

Remember how her late MIL got blasted for the delivery (and sometimes the content) of her speeches? Do you wish the same upon the poor woman? Because as sure as eggs are eggs as soon as she opens her mouth she will also open the floodgates for media criticism.

I'm a republican but I think YABU. I'd like to think that she's married for love rather than status and that she can go about her life without being picked apart by the media and wider public. If that means not making speeches that's fine by me.

LaVitaBellissima Wed 15-Jun-11 21:58:34

What does a heardresser do?

exoticfruits Wed 15-Jun-11 21:59:37

She can't please all the people all the time so no point in trying-someone won't like it.
I take it you could do a wonderful job sassyminder? I don't think people should criticise unlessthey have walked in their shoes.

MrsKravitz Wed 15-Jun-11 22:00:09

Anyway Im not sure Id like to hear a speech from here. I mean, what would I want to listen to her for and on what topic? She isnt that interesting yet.

Jajas Wed 15-Jun-11 22:00:10

God she's not even been married for 2 months yet give her a chance! She may have another 40/50 years to make all the speeches in the world.

I agree that she is doing a fab job for British fashion grin!

celticlassie Wed 15-Jun-11 22:00:17

I do like her, and I really hope she becomes a positive role model for young women. I also think the fashion thing is good - in terms of the high street and showcasing British fashion but think it's sad that someone who probably is quite intelligent never shows it.

FreudianSlipper Wed 15-Jun-11 22:00:22

she seems very nice, she is very pretty but does come over as well a little dull

really what can she tell us that she waited around until he finally popped the question and made sure no dirt could be dragged up. unless she wants to tell us all about naughty harry there is nothing of interest

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now