Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be angry because my DD's teacher doesnt have 10 minutes for me?

(6 Posts)
sassyminder Wed 15-Jun-11 21:29:16

My DD is in a state nursery school. There was a date for appraisal with the teachers to discuss the activities/learning journeys and development. 10 minutes for each family. There was a list on the classroom door for the parents put their name next to the time they wabted to attend. There wasnt enough time for everyone, so few parents couldnt book a time.
Few days later I went to the teacher and asked her if possible could she book a time for me and she checked her busy agenda and said: I dont know when I will have 10 minutes for you, leave it and I will see what I can do in two weeks time....

FlibbertyJibbett Wed 15-Jun-11 21:33:08

Er no. Go back and say I would like to see the teacher this week please (or next as it's already Thurs tomorrow). I can do x, y and z. Pin them down. I'm a teacher and I'm never too busy for 10 mins with a parent.

elphabadefiesgravity Wed 15-Jun-11 21:33:56

YANBU and they wonder why some parents are not interested in their childrn's education.

Mollymax Wed 15-Jun-11 21:42:36

It was her cock up in the first place, not making enough slots available for every child.
Go back in, and demand an appointment.

EndoplasmicReticulum Wed 15-Jun-11 21:43:23

YANBU. They should have organised the original consultations so there were enough slots for everyone - surely they must know how many families are at the nursery.....

Try again. Is the nursery attached to a school? If still no joy you might need to try going to the head.

She can't be that busy that she doesn't have ten minutes somewhere. Or if she is, she needs to rearrange some priorities.

2rebecca Wed 15-Jun-11 23:38:40

That seems unreasonable, either parents get 10 minutes per child or they don't, giving it to some parents and not others is daft. never had this at my kids' nursery though, but nursery age appraisals were only just coming in and the nursery teachers weren't keen on assessing such young kids.

I might be inclined to raise it with the head as an issue needing sorted so enough time is available within a week for all parents to see the teachers.
Surprised she couldn't just give you a quick 10 min at end of day, my kids must have had very obliging teachers as if there was a problem with either of the kids they would usually see me when school finished, I did make sure to keep it brief though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now