Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that XH should not have sent DD a photograph of...

(5 Posts)
ZXEightyMum Wed 15-Jun-11 21:20:47

... his latest tattoo instead of a nice picture of him smiling or something?

We have only been in email contact for the last year or so and I have sent pictures of DD twice. Phone contact, a brief chat at birthdays and Christmas. His choice by the way.

She is now eleven and he replied to the latest photos saying that he was sending family pictures. He did. Cousins and aunts and uncles and half-brothers and sisters and there in the midst of them is a naked back and hips <shudder> with a red and black winged tat spread out all over it.

I will admit that it has been executed a bit better than the tattoo he had on his arm when we were together which I always used to take the piss out of was rather badly-drawn.

Is he trying to let me know that he is actually a big strong man grin (one who spends money on ink but nothing on his children for instance and I do mean nothing, no child support) or does he think that DD will think him cool or something? I am quite seriously baffled. I suspect that this is why I have avoided him for ten years.

MissDemeanor Wed 15-Jun-11 21:22:48

Yanbu about the photo of the twat Tatt.

Choose more wisely next time.

DogsBestFriend Wed 15-Jun-11 21:27:49

YANBU. Here's another lone parent whose ex brags about his purchases but who fails to feed and clothe his children, I can see why you're raging.

On the plus side he's just made a prat of himself to your daughter and I'm sure that she knows what a dick he's making of himself and the efforts to which you go for her despite her father's fecklessness. I don't always see it that way when I'm fuming with my ex but deep down I know it's true.

Rise above it and laugh like a drain at him.

ZXEightyMum Wed 15-Jun-11 21:32:16

Oh I do laugh like a drain (privately) at him; frequently. And I love that phrase. And I have been married to DH for four years, with him for seven and have chosen exceedingly wisely. He is a fantastic father to DD and to our DS.

I might just delete that picture from the email and let DD see the other ones.

ZXEightyMum Wed 15-Jun-11 21:37:08

DBF, it sucks doesn't it? I haven't forgotten what it was like to have the other human involved just not give a flying toss about the most precious gifts we had ever been given, not financially or emotionally or anything sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now