Talk

Advanced search

To have the most horrendous worry tummy because im ......

(7 Posts)
stoppinchingthedummy Wed 15-Jun-11 20:47:58

Going away tomorrow without my dp or children!!!

I feel so sick ...a little excited but terribly nervous!!! I have never left them for more than a day and im going for 4 days!!!

Anyone got any remedies?! i dont think ill sleep tonight!!

MavisEnderby Wed 15-Jun-11 20:49:38

Enjoy yourself.I would love to be child free for 4 days,am somewhatenvy

Are you going anywhere good???

bubblecoral Wed 15-Jun-11 20:55:53

First time I did this, I spent most of the time on the flight trying to hide tears! And the first night I phoned home in tears. But then I went on to have a wondeful time, and I came home to a lovely welcome and a new found appreciation from my then dp. And within about 2 hours of being home, it was like I'd never gone.

Tell yourself that your dc will have a fab time, because they will. Their dad is likely to make more effort with them because he simply has to, even if he already does a lot. He will spoil them, and it will actually be good for them to have that daddy bonding time. It's good for them to see that you have a life other than being their Mummy, because they will see you and dh as their role models, and surely you want your dd to still have a life when she has dc or your ds to look after his dc when he has them.

Go and have a lovely time, everything will be exactly the same when you get back.

groak Wed 15-Jun-11 20:59:53

Good Lord: I wouldn't be able to sleep with excitement! grin

The only definate me time I've gort coming up is a girls 40th b'day trip to New York... in seven years. But we have started saving now!

stoppinchingthedummy Wed 15-Jun-11 21:15:22

Mavis -Tenerife smile Bubble i can see me doing this ..crying like hell all the way lol ....I am excited but im terrified ...its the loss of control i think ...im about to write dp a list of instructions e.g feed them ,brush their teeth lol ...Groak if this one goes well id love to go to new york next :D

AmazingBouncingFerret Wed 15-Jun-11 21:21:57

I often read similar stories and feel terrible. When I spend time away I get really excited and feel the opposite of crying! blush

stoppinchingthedummy Thu 16-Jun-11 08:12:16

Lol amazing i hope this is the case ...i slept ok and feel ok this morning ..if anything a little excited to be getting some sun since its pissing down raining cats and dogs here grin My ds is being super aswell ,i have explained that ill be away and all he wants is for me to bring him a pressie he doesnt care that im going!!! lol ...im not sure dd understands!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now