Talk

Advanced search

To think I shouldn't have had to do this housework

(7 Posts)
custardismyhamster Wed 15-Jun-11 20:18:38

I live at home with my parents and my brother. Parents have gone on holiday, brother is unemployed and so is at home all day.

I've come home every day to mountains of washing up, things spilt on the hob and worktop, empty crisp packets etc dumped everywhere, and brother sat on his arse watching telly. Now, I wash up things I've used as I use them, wipe up spills etc-when he was on holiday with our parents last time the house was spotless.

Today I've cracked, come home from working a 12 hour day (and very little sleep last night!) and the mountain of his washing up, which I'd placed in the sink as a not so subtle hint, has not been done. So I've done it. And cleaned the kitchen, thrown away his rubbish, put bins out etc etc. Parents back tomorrow night and I know FULL WELL that by the time I get home at 8:00 tomorrow evening, the house will be in the same state.

AIBU to think that really, I shouldn't have done this at all?

I only did it because I don't want my mum to get back from her holidays at approx 10pm tomorrow night, and have to start cleaning.

OberonTheHopeful Wed 15-Jun-11 20:21:31

YANBU, my brother used to do the same thing to me when we both lived at home and my parents went on holiday.

blackeyedsusan Wed 15-Jun-11 20:24:58

go out after work and let your parents read the riot act to brother?

put all the pots in his bed when you get home? (helps if you have a washing up bowl to carry them in. )

FabbyChic Wed 15-Jun-11 20:27:15

Move his stuff to one side and leave it, don't touch his shit, the lazy bastard should clear up after himself.

custardismyhamster Wed 15-Jun-11 20:28:11

Tempted blackeyedsusan but he's such a tosspot that he'd put them in my bed or do something else horrible to me, and I've just washed my bedding.

They would blame me equally for not keeping the house tidy y'see.

SayItLoud Wed 15-Jun-11 20:53:09

Move out!

COCKadoodledooo Wed 15-Jun-11 20:55:55

No, you shouldn't. And you didn't 'have' to either, not if you'd done your own. I'd have left it. And I'd be looking for my own place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now