Talk

Advanced search

new,bf

(3 Posts)
coffecoffe Wed 15-Jun-11 20:09:11

sorry,from,the,off,my,ds,broke,my,spacebar.

I,have,just,got,back,with,my,ds,dad,after,3,years,of,being,apart,im,thrilled,for,both,me,and,ds.

but,last,night,my,best,friend,who,i,spoke,to,for,2,hours,a,night,for,the,last,2,and,half,years,called,after,moving,to,germany,5,weeks,ago,me,and,dp,have,been,back,together,4,weeks,i,was,on,the,phone,for,20,mins,and,he,had,a,go,at,me,for,this.

itold,my,friend,i,had,to,go,as,dp,had,just,arrived,and,she,was,not,happy.

told,dp,it,was,unreasonable,for,him,not,to,accept,that,my,friend,has,been,there,for,me,through,thick,and,thin,and,it,ended,up,in,a,argument.

Now,my,bestfriend,wont,answer,my,calls.

was,ibu,to,tell,my,partner,that,he,has,to,get,used,to,these,phone,calls,they,will,happen,often??

LostMyIdentityAlongTheWay Wed 15-Jun-11 20:12:40

No you were not bu. He wasn't there for you when SHE was. You should be there for her now.

I do think that such long phonecalls are untenable in the long run, that part I would think about altering - I'd be hacked off if my dh was not in a position to communicate with me for a significant part of every evening (IMAGINE my horror at thinking that - ME - HERE - ON MN!!!) so that IS an area where I think you should be prepared to compromise on.

BTW - is this REALLY an argument about a phonecall - is tehre something else going on that he's annoyed about and this was a convenient way out?

HTH. Bummer about the space bar - TFF!!!

coffecoffe Wed 15-Jun-11 20:31:33

I,sure,would,if,he,was,here,4,nights,a,week,i,would,make,sure,it,was,the,other,nights,i,spoke,to,her,but,it,was,the,fact,he,started,a,fight,when,i,havent,spoken,to,her,in,5,weeks.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: