Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding, bloody, cunting Argos

(14 Posts)
kerrymumbles Wed 15-Jun-11 15:56:28

So ds1 has been saving his money for a table tennis table. We order one a month ago, it arrives after 2.5 weeks and one of the table tops is damaged. Wrap it all back up, call Argos for replacement they say 28 days at least.

hmm

so it's been a month, give them a call and they say, oh well we have no note of a replacement being ordered that'll be another 28 days at least.

So I'm telling the woman (who is talking over me) that this is completely unreasonable and it's the summer holidays, the thing won't fit in my house and the summer will be over before we get another one. She's blah, blah, blah and finally I say, shut the fuck up let me speak to a manager.

the manager comes on, I explain situation and say, what can you do for me? She goes off, says it will be another 28 days but she'll make a note on my order that we can play with it in the meantime. When new one arrives I'll have to just exchange the damaged part.

hmm

AKissIsNotAContract Wed 15-Jun-11 15:58:33

Can you get a refund and buy it from somewhere else?

kerrymumbles Wed 15-Jun-11 16:01:54

couldn't possibly find it for the same price. they go for hundreds more elsewhere.

d0gFace Wed 15-Jun-11 16:05:02

Go in branch and steal some tiny pens to make up for the bad service.

ratspeaker Wed 15-Jun-11 18:24:00

Leave a review on their website, mention when you ordered it, how it was faulty and still no sign of being able to use it
I did that for my oven, after repairman being back and forward for weeks, and was still waiting on the part
Got a brand new replacemant oven the next week

hugeleyoutnumbered Wed 15-Jun-11 18:31:33

I avoid argos like the plague, you have my sympathy

PinotGrigiosKittens Wed 15-Jun-11 18:47:20

Argos are cunts. Fact.

But cheap cunts.

VeryStressedStudent Wed 15-Jun-11 18:53:26

Argos don't do the tiny pens anymore, its tiny pencils now, which are CRAP!!!

d0gFace Wed 15-Jun-11 18:59:31

Argos don't do the tiny pens anymore, its tiny pencils now, which are CRAP!!!

angry

LoopyLoopsBettyBoops Wed 15-Jun-11 19:01:16

I've had the same with Argos many times. Write lots of complains and bad reviews. State where you will be writing reviews on your complaints.

MrsSippy Wed 15-Jun-11 19:02:31

huh, you can get pencils in Ikea!!

Deaddei Wed 15-Jun-11 19:04:10

Never set foot in there after they wouldn't take back a karaoke machine which broke after 35 days..."oh it's over the 30 day limit"
It is shite.
Buy from John Lewis. If anything goes wrong they will sort it. I returned a lunchbox which had broken....got a straight exchange with no receipt...and a full refund as well.

kerrymumbles Wed 15-Jun-11 19:52:39

no john lewis here in ireland
as a matter of fact there's not help line in ireland anymore either. i hate to pay a fortune to call their number in UK (it's toll free in UK but not for us!)

[blood boils]

will try the review thing.

the manager thought she was being helpful. ffs. did she say, oh we'll throw in a voucher for your trouble?

no she did not

elmofan Wed 15-Jun-11 20:07:56

Hate hate hate Argos so Yanbu and they are not
even that cheap over here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now