Talk

Advanced search

To be half hoping DCs school will be closed on 30 June?

(7 Posts)
create Wed 15-Jun-11 11:05:44

I'm supposed to be doing a big presentation that day and am not looking forward to it. I'm not normally so chicken, but this will be a tough one, there will be a lot of challenges to the proposals I have to put forward, most of which I agree with, but my brief is to push them through.

My boss was supposed to do it (his proposals) but has booked a day's holiday and I know I won't be properly briefed to deal with the objections.

I've just had notice of redundancy and leave in a few weeks anyway, so not sure why I care in any case. WIBU to say tough, I can't do it as I don't have childcare?! I work quite flexibly, so would make the hours up.

IndigoBell Wed 15-Jun-11 11:28:10

Ooooh, I agree. I could really do with the kids being off on the 30th June because I need to take DD to some therapy and don't want her to have a day off school...........

But I know our HT will do everything she can to keep the school open...... smile

(Unless of course the HTs union joins in the strike.....)

MumblingRagDoll Wed 15-Jun-11 11:32:08

YANBU! Lie and say your DC or yourself are unwell...dont put yourself through that if he can't even be arsed to be there to support you!

HarrietJones Wed 15-Jun-11 12:05:59

Dh & I are going to the pictures so if dd1/2 are off they can come & we will turn it into lunch out too.

If Unison go out too we will join my work picketing. Dd2 would be v interested.

IndigoBell Wed 15-Jun-11 12:10:28

Ahhhhh. Just received newsletter about sports day. Seems school will be open smile

Groovee Wed 15-Jun-11 12:10:30

I'm hoping Scotland won't go out as we finish in Edinburgh on the 1st of July.

mummytime Wed 15-Jun-11 12:22:59

One of DCs school has a holiday that day anyway.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: