Talk

Advanced search

To be half hoping DCs school will be closed on 30 June?

(7 Posts)
create Wed 15-Jun-11 11:05:44

I'm supposed to be doing a big presentation that day and am not looking forward to it. I'm not normally so chicken, but this will be a tough one, there will be a lot of challenges to the proposals I have to put forward, most of which I agree with, but my brief is to push them through.

My boss was supposed to do it (his proposals) but has booked a day's holiday and I know I won't be properly briefed to deal with the objections.

I've just had notice of redundancy and leave in a few weeks anyway, so not sure why I care in any case. WIBU to say tough, I can't do it as I don't have childcare?! I work quite flexibly, so would make the hours up.

IndigoBell Wed 15-Jun-11 11:28:10

Ooooh, I agree. I could really do with the kids being off on the 30th June because I need to take DD to some therapy and don't want her to have a day off school...........

But I know our HT will do everything she can to keep the school open...... smile

(Unless of course the HTs union joins in the strike.....)

MumblingRagDoll Wed 15-Jun-11 11:32:08

YANBU! Lie and say your DC or yourself are unwell...dont put yourself through that if he can't even be arsed to be there to support you!

HarrietJones Wed 15-Jun-11 12:05:59

Dh & I are going to the pictures so if dd1/2 are off they can come & we will turn it into lunch out too.

If Unison go out too we will join my work picketing. Dd2 would be v interested.

IndigoBell Wed 15-Jun-11 12:10:28

Ahhhhh. Just received newsletter about sports day. Seems school will be open smile

Groovee Wed 15-Jun-11 12:10:30

I'm hoping Scotland won't go out as we finish in Edinburgh on the 1st of July.

mummytime Wed 15-Jun-11 12:22:59

One of DCs school has a holiday that day anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now