Talk

Advanced search

About an article in The Metro...

(3 Posts)
Beepazoid Wed 15-Jun-11 09:44:42

I only skim through The Metro in the morning, so when a colleague bounced in (with his usual exuburance) and offered me his paper to read something, i thought it might be a daft article about a tortoise the size of a grape or a similar puff piece.

However, it was an article about stillbirths and a 'link' to which side of the bed you sleep on or some such nonsense. Now, i am 30 weeks pregnant and naturally don't want to read that kind of crap and i read the first half a dozen words and just said i don't want to read it cos it made me feel a bit funny.

My colleague is a lovely chap and wouldn't dream of deliberately upsetting someone, so i assume he just didn't engage brain (as people often don't), but it really did upset me...so am i being a bit over-sensitve?

No 'words' were exchanged - he quickly apologised (with sincerity) and i accepted cos (as i say), he's a really nice fella...

Reading that back makes me think i am being a bit precious, but it's hard to keep some perspective when you're 30 weeks pregnant and the little man is occupying the majority of my thoughts.

MissPenteuth Wed 15-Jun-11 09:48:29

Having looked up the article online now, I'd guess he was trying to be helpful. He probably has no idea how anxious pregnant women can get, so won't have realised that it would cause you distress. I don't think you're being over-sensitive, but at the same time I wouldn't blame him iyswim.

Beepazoid Wed 15-Jun-11 09:59:27

I agree with you actually MissP; but thank you for responding in a nice way and not wanting to impale me with a rusty nail... smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now