Talk

Advanced search

to ask abot the menopause

(11 Posts)
york88 Wed 15-Jun-11 08:26:41

Just wondering how long you had from the start of hot flashes to your last period. Know it varies alot.
In AIBU for higher traffic.

Pagwatch Wed 15-Jun-11 08:30:09

I would have answered this with wit and wisdom if it wasn't in the wrong fucking section.

<< a certain amount of menopausal crabbiness is usual>>

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 15-Jun-11 08:32:13

My message disappeared. I haven't seen a period for about 18 months, the hot flushes came after.
Nothing says menopause more than a 47 YO woman stripping to her vest in a cafe in the snow.

Nixea Wed 15-Jun-11 08:32:37

A GP friend of mine once said that every woman could write a book about their menopause and that non of them would match - it's that different for everyone.

york88 Wed 15-Jun-11 08:39:46

Sorry pag. Havr just posted before in menopause before under a diff name and not got much response.

Pagwatch Wed 15-Jun-11 08:44:25

<< a certain amount of menopausal crabbiness is usual>>

grin

It varies for everyone. So far I am having few symptoms except weight gain [sigh] and occasionally hot moments. But nothing too bad.

york88 Wed 15-Jun-11 09:20:50

Thank yuo Pag. I am not finding my hot moments too bad. It just the insomnia and mood changes that are getting to me. Think I am really trying to establish whether these symptoms are at the start or end of peri period. I have had disrupted af for about 2 years and I am late this month. Just wondering if this is likely to be it!

MizzyFizzy Wed 15-Jun-11 09:33:15

I've been having hot flashes during the week before my period is due for the past 8 years or so....periods now erratic (missed 2 in the last year) and very light...less than 24 hrs long.....but they are still there!

I hope every month that this will be the first of many missed cycles but not as yet!

Oh, I'm 44 this year.

Bloodymary Wed 15-Jun-11 09:39:19

You have to remember that not everyone suffers the ill effects, I do not even know when mine was, tho I must have finished it by now as I am 56.
Periods just gradually stopped in my late 40s and that was it.

Portofino Wed 15-Jun-11 09:41:25

I am 42 - having hot flushes, intermittent periods, insomnia, night sweats, mood swings - especially I get absolutely enraged from time to time, for hardly any reason at all, when I have always been quite a calm and placid person. Also, lack of energy and lack of concentration. I am pretty sure it is all kicking off and do mean to go and see the GP. I did buy some special vitamins but keep forgetting to take them.

ChristinaEliopolis Wed 15-Jun-11 09:51:29

No hot flushes yet, but do feel extra warm at times. My periods have decided to appear more regularly and be far more heavy, which is a thrill, I must say. The Gp is referring me to the hospital for investigation and I will be demanding a merina coil grin

What really cheeses me off, though, is that my mother had no symptoms until she was 51.

I am a (very young delusional) 46.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now