Talk

Advanced search

to ask abot the menopause

(11 Posts)
york88 Wed 15-Jun-11 08:26:41

Just wondering how long you had from the start of hot flashes to your last period. Know it varies alot.
In AIBU for higher traffic.

Pagwatch Wed 15-Jun-11 08:30:09

I would have answered this with wit and wisdom if it wasn't in the wrong fucking section.

<< a certain amount of menopausal crabbiness is usual>>

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 15-Jun-11 08:32:13

My message disappeared. I haven't seen a period for about 18 months, the hot flushes came after.
Nothing says menopause more than a 47 YO woman stripping to her vest in a cafe in the snow.

Nixea Wed 15-Jun-11 08:32:37

A GP friend of mine once said that every woman could write a book about their menopause and that non of them would match - it's that different for everyone.

york88 Wed 15-Jun-11 08:39:46

Sorry pag. Havr just posted before in menopause before under a diff name and not got much response.

Pagwatch Wed 15-Jun-11 08:44:25

<< a certain amount of menopausal crabbiness is usual>>

grin

It varies for everyone. So far I am having few symptoms except weight gain [sigh] and occasionally hot moments. But nothing too bad.

york88 Wed 15-Jun-11 09:20:50

Thank yuo Pag. I am not finding my hot moments too bad. It just the insomnia and mood changes that are getting to me. Think I am really trying to establish whether these symptoms are at the start or end of peri period. I have had disrupted af for about 2 years and I am late this month. Just wondering if this is likely to be it!

MizzyFizzy Wed 15-Jun-11 09:33:15

I've been having hot flashes during the week before my period is due for the past 8 years or so....periods now erratic (missed 2 in the last year) and very light...less than 24 hrs long.....but they are still there!

I hope every month that this will be the first of many missed cycles but not as yet!

Oh, I'm 44 this year.

Bloodymary Wed 15-Jun-11 09:39:19

You have to remember that not everyone suffers the ill effects, I do not even know when mine was, tho I must have finished it by now as I am 56.
Periods just gradually stopped in my late 40s and that was it.

Portofino Wed 15-Jun-11 09:41:25

I am 42 - having hot flushes, intermittent periods, insomnia, night sweats, mood swings - especially I get absolutely enraged from time to time, for hardly any reason at all, when I have always been quite a calm and placid person. Also, lack of energy and lack of concentration. I am pretty sure it is all kicking off and do mean to go and see the GP. I did buy some special vitamins but keep forgetting to take them.

ChristinaEliopolis Wed 15-Jun-11 09:51:29

No hot flushes yet, but do feel extra warm at times. My periods have decided to appear more regularly and be far more heavy, which is a thrill, I must say. The Gp is referring me to the hospital for investigation and I will be demanding a merina coil grin

What really cheeses me off, though, is that my mother had no symptoms until she was 51.

I am a (very young delusional) 46.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: