Talk

Advanced search

To not allow DD to play with her own sticker book

(8 Posts)
VFVF Wed 15-Jun-11 07:38:34

...because I dont like her sticker placement?

She put the elephant in UPSIDE DOWN shock

It's making my teeth itch. I like things in their proper place grin

blackeyedsusan Wed 15-Jun-11 07:42:36

KEEP YOUR FINGERS OFF THOSE STICKERS

because i know how you feel.... don't spoil her fun...

BuckBuckMcFate Wed 15-Jun-11 07:44:13

YANBU

I plan lovely craft activities for DC and they RUIN them by doing them all WRONG!

I have learnt to lay everything out for them and then move away from the table. Clenching teeth and biting knuckles really helps.

smile

RustyBear Wed 15-Jun-11 07:45:03

Maybe the elephant prefers kipping on it's back...

VFVF Wed 15-Jun-11 07:58:01

Ok, THATS IT!! She's just stuck one sticker on top of another

I'm going to distract her with her tea set. It doesn't seem to bother me quite as much when she drinks out of the fake sugar bowl...

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Wed 15-Jun-11 08:01:13

My husband helped DD make a lovely papier mache pig the other day. Splendid stuff. But there was this dawning moment, after she'd painted it pink and he'd 'just helped a little bit' by ensuring that the paint went all the way over the pig rather than festooning it with blotches, where he realised that there was no earthly way she was capable of painting on eyes, etc., and also no earthly way that she was going to let him do it.

You could see his eyes darting wildly, as he confronted the realisation that he was going to either face a toddler meltdown, or deal with wonky eyes on his beloved pig.

In the end, he waited till she went to bed, did the features, and 'surprised' her in the morning with finished Piggy.

IWantToBeAFairyWhenIGrowUp Wed 15-Jun-11 08:30:38

PMSL at this thread, its brilliant grin

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 15-Jun-11 08:36:40

When I could be arsed, I would have been a bit uncomfortable with DDs sticker placement. Now, I couldn't give a rats arse.
Her book, her choice.
I did get more than uncomfortable with her stickers when she took a sheet of them out and stuck them on the windows of the car.
Initially I congratulated her on cheering the interior up with Nemo and Dory (shows you how long ago it was), my congratulatons turned to frustrations when the stickers peeled the sunshine repellent stuff off with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now