(15 Posts)
veritythebrave Tue 14-Jun-11 20:33:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jonnyfan Tue 14-Jun-11 20:34:41

A bit of blu-tack? or cork?

CroissantNeuf Tue 14-Jun-11 20:34:46

I'd pop and ask a neighbour if you could borrow a back

TidyDancer Tue 14-Jun-11 20:34:57

Supermarket would be best place to head to. Big one that does everything. I wouldn't attempt anything to keep it in place other than a proper back.

iwanttoseethezoo Tue 14-Jun-11 20:35:43

Do you have any friends who have pierced ears who could lend you an earring back? Put it in some boiling water for five minutes in a mug to sterilize it. It probably will heal if you leave it out, if it's freshly pierced.

whackamole Tue 14-Jun-11 20:35:56

It will close up if you take out the earring.

Go and buy a cheap and nasty pair of earrings from Tesco or somewhere just for the back.

GingerWrath Tue 14-Jun-11 20:35:58

Small elastic band, tape it in with sello tape?

plainwhitet Tue 14-Jun-11 20:36:05

Put it back in (having cleaned it). Wrap a piece of elastoplast all round your ear holding in the front piece. Then go to a shop to buy spare backs tomorrow.

CoffeeDodger Tue 14-Jun-11 20:36:22

DogsBestFriend Tue 14-Jun-11 20:36:38

Nearest Asda/Tesco that sells clothes and accessories. Buy a cheap pair of earrings and just use the back of one.

DontNickMyMilk Tue 14-Jun-11 20:39:09

Slight deviation - a friend at uni had just had his nose pierced when he lost the ring in a lecture. He went to the department office and got a paperclip to put through the hole until he got down town for a replacement. When he arrived at the shop (bearing in mind the sort of place that sold body piercing jewellery), was slightly disappointed that they didn't bat an eyelid at his improvised ring!

I am not advocating the use of unsterilised stationery supplies in lieu of proper jewellery!smile

pumpernickel10 Tue 14-Jun-11 20:42:04

When I had my nose pierced I took it out overnight and it had healed much to my moms delight I was only 16

igetmorelovefromthecat Tue 14-Jun-11 20:46:08

Presumably the earring you are wearing is gold? Gold is usually used to pierce ears. I wouldn't use anything other than a gold earring back as cheaper metal might aggravate what is, effectively, an open wound.

Not much help I know, sorry. Maybe you could stick a plaster over the front of the earring to stop it falling out?

veritythebrave Tue 14-Jun-11 21:54:33

NomadsLand Tue 14-Jun-11 22:02:25

Take the the rubber off the back of a pencil and shove it in the end of the stem behind your earlobe. I had to do this myself and it worked a treat.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: