Talk

Advanced search

to expect DD to leave creche with a clean bum?

(12 Posts)
Cheeseandbiscuits Tue 14-Jun-11 17:34:46

DD is 14 weeks and attends the creche at my gym for 1 hour twice a week. TOday while there, she did a MEGA poo everywhere, all over her clothes, bouncer etc. So they changed her nappy and put on a clean set of clothes. However, when I went to change her again, there was a decent sized smear of poo left on her bumcheek and nappy.

Should I complain? They are pretty good there and she seems happy enough. But its not hard to leave them with a clean bum, is it? Although, it sounds like it was poomagedon....

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow Tue 14-Jun-11 17:36:06

No don't complain, they obviously didn't see that bit they left behind.

It's called making a mistake.

TattyDevine Tue 14-Jun-11 17:36:43

I would leave it - they might have missed a bit without realising - they are probably not as errr attentive as a doting new mum grin

I did the opposite today and handed over my DD to gym creche with a stinky horrible toddler poo in her nappy. She'd done it in the car on the way there but I felt a right skank handing her over (did offer to do it but they shooed me away)

LordSucre Tue 14-Jun-11 17:36:44

no, i wouldn't bother. You seem happy with the nursery. If it happens a second time, then i would mention it. Maybe it was a dot, which smeared when the nappy rubbed against it. who knows.

LordOfTheFlies Tue 14-Jun-11 17:40:18

Personally I wouldn't.
If she was there for an hour it means you are taking her out fairly soon.
I think as long as they clean (what sounds like a fairly explosive poo) away from the vulva to stop her getting in her girl bits that's the main thing.
Also my DS would always save a bit back for the new nappyhmm

Nixea Tue 14-Jun-11 17:40:48

It could be one of those stealthy ninja-poo's that DD always managed to do about 30 seconds after I changed said explosion. Small enough to hide IYSWIM.

Mumwithadragontattoo Tue 14-Jun-11 17:41:13

Under the circs I probably wouldn't mention it this time. If it happens again then mention it in a fairly casual way and they should sort it out.

I asked the nursery to check DD had wiped properly after doing a poo when she was potty training after she came home with v dirty bottom a couple of times (not from accidents just not wiped properly). They were glad I'd raised it and it never happened again.

worraliberty Tue 14-Jun-11 17:44:58

If it happened at home I imagine you would pop the baby straight in the bath.

They probably had to manage with baby wipes so it can't have been easy.

TidyDancer Tue 14-Jun-11 17:48:00

Oh yes, I am familiar with the stealth turds, DD will be competing in the stealthy turd olympics, her abilities are that renowned.

Anyway, I am not mentioning this to show off about my DD's crapping abilities, more to suggest that this could've been the case with your DD, OP?

Cheeseandbiscuits Tue 14-Jun-11 17:48:54

Thanks everyone! Will leave it then, I'm not outraged, I was just surprised!

Pancakeflipper Tue 14-Jun-11 17:51:37

No not this time... She could have slipped out a teeny bit of poo after the first explosion.

GooGooGadget Tue 14-Jun-11 19:34:11

grin @ stealth ninja poos.

I do love a good poo thread.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: