Talk

Advanced search

or is this doctor bloody useless?

(6 Posts)
roundandroundincircles Tue 14-Jun-11 17:03:00

Just come back from the doctors, what a bloody waste of time. Had a emcs 6 months ago and have a very painful / tender area about an inch above the scar which is getting worse. Anything even brushing against it is agony and it's all lumpy.
Anyway, I described these symptons to the doctor and his first diagnosis was IBS? WTF? He then asked if I'd ever been tested for coealiac (not sure of spelling) disease? I said no and then re-explained the symptons i.e. nothing to do with my guts. He then examined me, said yes it did feel lumpy but he had no idea what it was and to come back in six weeks time if it's no better and ask to see a female doctor.
So annoyed as had to drag poor old dd along when she should have been napping and have already been in pain for six months with it getting worse, now have to wait another six weeks.
Not happy!

Flisspaps Tue 14-Jun-11 17:03:55

Go back, don't wait 6 weeks, see another doctor.

valiumredhead Tue 14-Jun-11 17:05:00

Go back!!

JambalayaCodfishPie Tue 14-Jun-11 17:05:51

If you're immediate instinct is that you need a second opinion, dont wait the six weeks, re-book and see another doctor now.

All you need to do is be honest and say that the Doctor telling you he had 'no idea what it was' has panicked you.

Mumwithadragontattoo Tue 14-Jun-11 17:06:36

He sounds useless - go back and see someone else.

roundandroundincircles Tue 14-Jun-11 17:08:03

Thank you,

I think I will go back, just didn't want to make a fuss if it was me being unreasonable.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: