Talk

Advanced search

Dh has set up a facebook account in my name?

(42 Posts)
asdx2 Tue 14-Jun-11 14:25:20

AIBU to change the password and put his own name on the account? He's totally useless on the laptop so won't know what I've done and I've deleted the emails which go to his address anyway.
I have no idea why he'd use my name and school and work history because I don't even have an account of my own anyway.
I was looking for car insurance email (without his knowledge to be fair but have been asking him for a week to send it to me to sort out) and stumbled across facebook welcome email although didn't open it.
Logged in with his email address and password he uses and was astonished to see my details.
He's not home until later and have no desire for a row so thought I'd just sabotage the account instead.
Why would he do this? He could just as easily set up his own account if he wanted oneconfused

bamboostalks Tue 14-Jun-11 14:26:49

Why don't you ask him?

asdx2 Tue 14-Jun-11 14:28:12

Because he'll know I've been on his emails and I might just cry because I'm upset.

CroissantNeuf Tue 14-Jun-11 14:30:02

That sounds a really strange thing to do confused

My first (suspicious, admittedly) thought was that he'd done it to test who would get in contact with you or to contact someone (as you) to see how they would respond.

Is he likely to try to do something like that?

SongBirdsKeepSinging Tue 14-Jun-11 14:30:11

Seems a bit strange...could he be looking up your friends for a surprise party maybe? <trying to find a positive reason for pretending to be you>

ZillionChocolate Tue 14-Jun-11 14:30:15

Weird. What has he been doing with the account? What friends has he made you?

CroissantNeuf Tue 14-Jun-11 14:31:45

BTW my being suspicious is probably due to another thread I've just read which was all about suspicious motives so don't immediately think the worst about why he's done it

SoupDragon Tue 14-Jun-11 14:33:45

Um... Why did you log into his Facebook account? You go to the trouble of pointing out that you didn't open the Welcome email but you used his details to log into his account confused. Did you have trust issues before this?

As to why he would do it, who knows. To see how long it would take you to notice maybe?

asdx2 Tue 14-Jun-11 14:35:39

It's a new account opened at the weekend so not much history anyway but someone has added me(him) although I don't know him anyway.
No parties due, birthday isn't until December and not a big one anyway.
I've no idea if he'd be checking up on me although he has no reason too I'm quite possibly the most boring person I know blush

vmcd28 Tue 14-Jun-11 14:36:04

Why not keep checking the page to see if he posts anything to it, to see why the hell he's done it? It all sounds very strange, tho, and I'd be very angry not to mention baffled as to why he'd done it.
He's got no right to be furious at you, esp if you've been asking him to send you the email for ages.
If he doesn't want you ever looking at his emails, he shouldn't let you know the password!

Oh, actually, could he be trying to contact someone as a surprise for you? Or trying to lure someone to you?

LadyFlumpalot Tue 14-Jun-11 14:39:13

Strange - Just mail Facebook and ask to have it deleted, or de-activate it yourself. Tell DH you have had an email from a friend asking you when you joined Facebook, you are not on Facebook so you got the fake account deleted.

I think I would be wondering just why he would do that though. Seems odd to me.

SoupDragon Tue 14-Jun-11 14:39:35

"If he doesn't want you ever looking at his emails, he shouldn't let you know the password! "

What utter bollocks. Perhaps he trusted her not to go snooping.

FlubbaBubba Tue 14-Jun-11 14:41:07

weird!

do what vmcd28 says smile

asdx2 Tue 14-Jun-11 14:41:08

I shouldn't have logged in I know and if it had been his name I wouldn't have looked again but would expect him to tell me eventually he has an account and it wouldn't have been a problem.
I trust him, he's not after another woman anymore than I'm after another man as far as I am aware and if it had been in his name would have expected friends and family to mention that he'd been added.
In fact I expect to be told I have an account by anybody who'd noticed I am on there because they know I have always said I'd never want one.

asdx2 Tue 14-Jun-11 14:45:43

There is no problem with me looking at his emails he wouldn't mind and when I tell him the insurance has been sorted he'll know anyway and it won't be a problem.
I only saw it because I looked at the old emails for the insurance one, I didn't look at new ones or sent ones but if I had it wouldn't matter anymore than if he looked at mine tbh.

ASecretLemonadeDrinker Tue 14-Jun-11 14:50:12

It could be innocent - I know of men who have no FB account so sort of use the DWs too. It could be to pretend to be you to find out things - maybe with regards to exs or something? Maybe he set it up for you? Just be honest. I go on my husbands emails, it's six of one, half a dozen of the other - I don't agree with snooping (ok, I do!), but I do feel all texts/emails should be "open" for both people to read if they choose.

LolaRennt Tue 14-Jun-11 15:14:22

What utter bollocks. Perhaps he trusted her not to go snooping.

Perhaps she trusted him to not make fake accounts?

thats weird OP. Snooping is wrong, but DH is more wrong. Ask him about it. Or better yet set up an account for dh and then befriend yourself!! oh please do it. It would be hilarious.

pumpernickel10 Tue 14-Jun-11 15:17:32

How weird why would your DH do that?

pumpernickel10 Tue 14-Jun-11 15:18:45

You wasn't really snooping you was checking an email that he said he forward on, he's the one on the fecking wrong here not the op

Awomancalledhorse Tue 14-Jun-11 15:21:26

Does he have a fb account himself? I know of a few people who have set up accounts in their cats/OH/childrens name so they can have more 'friends' on certain facebook games.

I'd ask him, and change the password.

pumpernickel10 Tue 14-Jun-11 15:24:01

Sorry but is your DH usually this odd?

allhailtheaubergine Tue 14-Jun-11 15:25:21

I'm afraid there is no force on this earth that could stop me from saying

"WHY THE JEFFING ARSE HAVE YOU MADE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT OF ME USING YOUR DETAILS???"

And wait to see what he said.

Trills Tue 14-Jun-11 15:26:51

WHY THE JEFFING ARSE HAVE YOU MADE A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT OF ME

I think this is the correct response too.

pumpernickel10 Tue 14-Jun-11 15:28:29

Here here

SongBirdsKeepSinging Tue 14-Jun-11 15:33:25

Here here!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: