Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone advice me on where to go now reference my future?

(2 Posts)
bloomsinjune Tue 14-Jun-11 13:55:30

My youngest dd starts school next year so I will be in a postion to do more hours,although not at the job I do now ,I currently do a four day week 3 hours a day, then all day Saturday(8),

I would like to give up my Saturday job,to spend more times with my kids and dp at the weekends ,my options are stick with the hours I do at present in a school,holidays paid for,getting a job on Friday's giving the Saturday up.

Or go full time and find a childminder to look after kids after schooland in term time?.

What would you do as Mil has offered to have kids,problem is I would have to pay her and she would have 4 kids at one time twice a week and she goes away a lot.

We also are looking to buy a house in the near future although at present I dont earn enough.

Any advice would be good I know its a long way of but I need to plan ahead.

JIRkids Tue 14-Jun-11 14:46:29

Maybe keep current hours for a bit and do a course that would lead to a more lucrative career in the future?? Maybe an open university course that you could fit around kids and work? I am thinking of doing this next year once both kids at school.

Or could you just get more hours in your week time job as everyone is desperate to find a job in a school I wouldn't let it go that easily?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: