loader

Talk

Advanced search

To feel so let down by school or am I being PFB

(7 Posts)
veritythebrave Tue 14-Jun-11 11:28:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SenoritaViva Tue 14-Jun-11 11:30:50

I would meet with the school and ask them for clarity on what is going on and secondly ask them what they expect to do to integrate her and adjust her to the change, they should start doing things now (like the odd lesson now with new classmates etc.) If there are new people joining the school ask them to organise a new parents evening for the class so that you make contact with parents and have her make friends with new children over the school summer holidays.

coccyx Tue 14-Jun-11 11:33:13

school sounds a bit wishy washy.
Think yabu slightly!

Rosebud05 Tue 14-Jun-11 11:34:01

This does sound bit complicated and the drip drip of info which keeps changing isn't helpful. My dd doesn't cope well with change and I'd find this very stressful.

I'd ask for written information from the school as to what is going to be happening in September, and take it from there. If you feel that your daughter's needs aren't being taken into account, then go and discuss it with her class teacher/head.

I don't think you're being soft, but I would focus on your dd's needs (which it sounds like the school have taken into account before) rather than the behaviour of other children.

MackerelOfFact Tue 14-Jun-11 11:34:39

It does sound very disruptive and with everything being so up in the air your DD isn't getting any chance to prepare for what's coming. You said you've "been told" - is this coming from the school or is it playground gossip? And are you talking about changes which are happening in September or before they break up? I also guess this is a small village school and it isn't really an option to change schools?

YANBU, it sounds like a shambles TBH.

veritythebrave Tue 14-Jun-11 11:43:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LIZS Wed 15-Jun-11 09:00:14

There must be a governing body to whom you can complain direct. A school is supposed to be primarily child and education centred. I'd be very suspicious of their plans if it wasn't presented transparently as a coherent package and I believe you have had issues previously but hung on hoping it will improve. I'd be looking at alternatives and getting onto LEA re waiting lists (seen your other thread and am very hmm that they say there are none), maybe een involving a local councillor. Did you ever have your dd properly assessed btw as that may add weight to your case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now