Talk

Advanced search

TO TELL YOU. .Terry Pratchett thing was hard to watch. But raises real points at issue

(5 Posts)
GabbyLoggon Tue 14-Jun-11 09:42:29

Yes, assisted death on the tv screen was very hard to watch

But I think the debate it raises is necessary.

"PAIN CONTROL" is an issue at the heart of this debate.

Some years ago, I watched a programme on BBC TV whereby a national newspapers editor was watching his dad die in agon

He asked the doctors for more morphine but they said they had given the maximum allowed. (this was a newspapaer editor with loads of clout)

That programme changed a lot of peoples minds on assisted suicide.

SUICIDE is of coursae legal. It is to assissed bit which is illegal (But the govt have backed off a bit.)

GabbyLoggon Tue 14-Jun-11 15:20:43

I am suprised no one seems to have watched it. But it was hardly light viewing. And perhaps only men would be interested. I am much older than most of you posters. My wife nursed old men (in hospital wards) so she has seen a lot of deaths...I have only seen 2, one my dad. and one a little girl who died young when I was a child

Shoesytwoesy Tue 14-Jun-11 15:25:30

i think there is a thread in telly addicts, didn't watch it as not my thing.

pumpernickel10 Tue 14-Jun-11 15:26:22

I didnt watch it but on another thread this morning about the same someone posted a link about the program I found it very upsetting.

pumpernickel10 Tue 14-Jun-11 15:27:00

The threads in " right to die" in AIBU

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now