Talk

Advanced search

To think that school uniforms have a secret agenda

(14 Posts)
MrsKravitz Tue 14-Jun-11 07:17:44

....and that there is some kind of evil mechanism in them that causes them all to all of a sudden fall apart with only 5 or so weeks to go before term ends?

The dilemma, buy new now or cross my fingers they last a few more weeks.

IndigoBell Tue 14-Jun-11 07:27:27

What about shoes? Surely they must be also in on the conspiracy, because they always need replacing now......

I don't mind buying new uniform now - but I can't bleeding find what I need in the shops yet........

sixlostmonkeys Tue 14-Jun-11 07:28:31

You can't buy new now, or even at the start of the summer hols - because children have a secret agenda.... they have a growth spurt immediately after the purchase.

MrsKravitz Tue 14-Jun-11 07:31:09

Ah yes, my wonderful clarkes...lasted 6 weeks. Nice split down the side.

Mamathulu Tue 14-Jun-11 07:34:51

I was just thinking that about DS1's school top, which had to be bleached it was so stained, so the badge has now faded. Sigh.

CowWatcher Tue 14-Jun-11 07:35:15

Can I respectfully suggest mending them? It's not that hard. And less hassle than driving to the shops, parking at the shops, going into a shop, battling out of the car park....

Mamathulu Tue 14-Jun-11 07:35:17

So no, yanbu.

MrsKravitz Tue 14-Jun-11 07:37:26

Im not sure these could be mended tbh. The shirts are all covered in ink and pen as well.

karen2010 Tue 14-Jun-11 07:40:27

I thought this why school had a summer uniform that you have to wear from this half term onwards

MrsKravitz Tue 14-Jun-11 07:42:36

Boys dont have a summer uniform where we are...just trousers and shirt the same as winter

Mandy2003 Tue 14-Jun-11 08:33:41

Why does the "Back to School" festival of uniforms start in the supermarkets start at least 8 weeks before the summer holidays confused

Surely anything bought then will be outgrown by September!

AlmightyCitrus Tue 14-Jun-11 09:00:47

YANBU.

DS's (only available to buy through school) school jumper has suddenly started to fall apart at the seams, and DD2 has just announced that she needs new PE pumps. Tough. Not buying anything now. DD will just have to take her normal trainers if she has to, and DS will have to wait till September, when he will inherit DD1's jumper when she goes to high school.

LindyHemming Tue 14-Jun-11 09:06:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DooinMeCleanin Tue 14-Jun-11 09:12:02

I almost fell out with dd1's school over shoes. Her main pair fell apart a couple of weeks ago. Her friend normally passes her old shoes as she is consistantly one size bigger than dd1, so by the time she has outgrown them, they fit dd1. This pair fell apart last week.

Dd has odd shaped feet (very shallow and narrow) and needs properly fitted shoes. Shoes from Tesco etc. never fit and run her raw. I've been letting her wear her sensible, but red, summer shoes. I'm not forking out £40-£50 for new sheos, which will be wrecked before term starts again after summer.

I kept getting letters from the school asking me to get her new ones shock. I asked if they wished to pay for them and the letters stopped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now