Talk

Advanced search

We should send everyone who wasn't born here back to where they came from!!

(92 Posts)
portaloo Mon 13-Jun-11 20:41:00

I have spent the best part of the day discussing immigrants/asylum seekers with my friend. I wish I hadn't bothered. It feels like it was a waste of my time and energy and has left me seething with impotent rage hours after she has gone home.
We have had this conversation so many times, and yet she point blank refuses to believe she is in fact in a minority wrt her opinions and bloody heartless too imvho.
She throws facts at me, and just winds me up, so I have come on here to rant really, because I am too angry to come to a decision as to whether I want to be her friend anymore.
My friend believes that ;
Most immigrants come to this country and commit crime to fund their lifestyles here.
Immigrants should not ever benefit from state support or social housing.
If immigrants were thrown out of social housing, there would be enough social housing to give every British born person a social housing property.
Asylum seekers should fuck off back to their own country, where their own govt should look after them, and if their own govt doesn't look after them, then tough.
British govt should plough more money into British people instead of sending money overseas, because AFA friend is concerned, British people are suffering as much as people overseas with homelessness and alcoholism etc.
If immigration was stopped tomorrow, and all immigrants were made to return back to their country of origin, the UK would not suffer at all economically.
We shouldn't spend a penny on foreign aid while our own people are starving in hospitals and homeless.
My friend answers everything with 'They're not British, so not my problem and most British people think the same way, we want rid of them.' She says all of this with a smirk on her face. She tells me she is a bigot and proud of it.

I don't profess to know much about our reasons for giving so much to foreign aid, or whether immigrants are entitled to state help/social housing straightaway as from May 1st this year as my friend seems to think, but we are all fucking people and some people have fled from situations we can't begin to imagine, let alone live through. I feel genuinely sad that there are people out there dying for the sake of clean water, I don't begrudge a single person no matter what fucking country they live in an immunisation, and if we can help them, I have no issue with that whatsoever.

Incidentally, I asked my friend how she could even have that opinion when she didn't bother working at all until she was 38 years old, and even then, openly admitted that she would never ever earn more than equivalent to JSA, because she doesn't believe it is her responsibility to pay her own rent/CT and point blank refuses to ever pay any of it. She currently lives from a little money her pensioner mother gives her every week to live on. How can she begrudge someone else any help at all when she has spent her entire fucking life being supported by other people. Obviously this is only one side of my friend, and this topic doesn't crop up very often, maybe because she knows how I feel about it, but if she thinks like that, it actually scares me how many people do think like this. She can't possibly be the only one can she?? How can anyone begrudge a child clean water? Immunisations? A safe home? Food? I just don't get it!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and breatheeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Al0uiseG Mon 13-Jun-11 20:42:27

Fuck the fuck off and when you get there turn around and fuck off some more.

To coin a phrase biscuit

Groovee Mon 13-Jun-11 20:43:30

Shame we can't send her back to where she came from

Mutt Mon 13-Jun-11 20:43:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Al0uiseG Mon 13-Jun-11 20:43:52

Actually I've got your post back to front and upside down. I think you need to tell your friend to do the above.

Meglet Mon 13-Jun-11 20:43:53

You are funny. hmm

GwendolineMaryLacey Mon 13-Jun-11 20:44:15

How far back are we going? As GB has always been a country of immigrants...Vikings? Anglo Saxons? Romans?

K999 Mon 13-Jun-11 20:44:22

Tell your friend to put her Daily Mail down.....

Meglet Mon 13-Jun-11 20:44:30

oops, must read actual post first.

headfairy Mon 13-Jun-11 20:45:13

I'm afraid she wouldn't be my friend for long if she spouted such crap. Especially given her circumstances.

Sadly she's not in that small a minority. My grandmother - herself an immigrant shock used to say pretty much the same thing. She lived in a council house from the day she came here til the day she died and yet she maintained that immigrants were all sponging thieves. She discounted herself from that of course because she was white hmm WTF?? I didn't discuss politics with her much, most of her opinions were formed in the Daily Mail.

SuePurblybilt Mon 13-Jun-11 20:45:59

That kind of 'friend' would wind me up so much I wouldn't bother tbh. What on earth do you get out of the friendship? You appear to think, with some justification grin, that she's a lazy bigoted sponger and it seems that her views drive you mad, as they would me. What on earth do you talk about without arguing?

tigermummy35 Mon 13-Jun-11 20:46:07

Well I wouldn't want to be friends with someone like that. Talk about bigotted!

portaloo Mon 13-Jun-11 20:47:29

I tried to say that everyone in the UK at some point had come here from somewhere else, so where should we all go?? She then changed her spiel to 'Everyone who wasn't born here should fuck off back where they came from!!' angry
She does not believe she should have to go anywhere. After all, she was born here.

pumpernickel10 Mon 13-Jun-11 20:47:36

Is she really your friend?

nethunsreject Mon 13-Jun-11 20:47:38

I'd avoid her if at all possible.

You can't reason with ignorance and bigotry on that scale.

No wonder you are fuming.

Unfortunately, there are people who seem lovvely in every way, then you get on to an issue like this one.

There is a lot of it about. Sadly.

spookshowangel Mon 13-Jun-11 20:48:39

i had a friend like that, what i found most amazing is that she lived in other countries all the time. she was an ignorant sun reading vile person and i am happy to say i do not have to put up with her vile opinions any more.

pumpernickel10 Mon 13-Jun-11 20:48:46

That kind of friend I'd bitch slap right up the back of the head

LDNmummy Mon 13-Jun-11 20:49:26

PAH US HA HA HA! I would love to meet your friend, she would soon learn a thing or two. I wonder how many tax paying foreigners are maintaining her bum ares lifestyle of choosing not to work?

OddBoots Mon 13-Jun-11 20:49:47

reminds me of this

DogsBestFriend Mon 13-Jun-11 20:51:40

We're all bloody foreigners FFS!

One side of my family are of Norse orgin (okay, way back in the 1500s admittedly!), ancestors on the other side German and Dutch Jews who moved to England circa 1800. Before that? God only knows! Saxon? Roman?

Much the same as your twattish friend I'd assume.

I bet she's got no friends/family who have emigrated abroad and of whom she speaks fondly and proudly has she? Oh no!

RevoltingPeasant Mon 13-Jun-11 20:51:43

I used to have a female friend, not from this country, who, when asked why she was over here, would say,

'To take your jobs and introduce your women to deviant pleasures.'

But anyhow, erm, your friend sounds like a scrounger, wind up merchant, hypocrite, and ignorant bigot. Ditch?

TimeWasting Mon 13-Jun-11 20:51:57

I wouldn't see her again.

unfitmother Mon 13-Jun-11 20:52:01

Why are you friends with such a twat?

LDNmummy Mon 13-Jun-11 20:52:12

Excuse the misspelled words, typing on phone.

Portofino Mon 13-Jun-11 20:52:43

I'd tell her to fuck off and have nothing more to do with her. She sounds incredibly ignorant. I am a immigrant living and working in a city where 25% of the population come from somewhere else. I never hear such comments made.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now