Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed about this extra charge...

(11 Posts)
PrincessOfWails Mon 13-Jun-11 20:39:57

Went to a popular (and reputable!) local garden centre for tea and cake with my Mum, Sister and DS. They have good cake!

Ordered teas, a muffin for DS, a gluten free number for my DSis (!), and Mum and I had a cake each. Both of us were offered cream - Mum said no, I said yes but just a tiny bit.

My cake came with loads of cream on - ok, fine. But the bill was high, so DSis and I scrutinized it.

I WAS CHARGED 50p FOR MY CREAM! I hit the roof, was all ready to make a big deal about it and everything, but my Mum said not to. Besides, DS (true to style) started playing up and then needed to go to the loo so events overtook me.

Is this not outrageous, or is it just me?! I think it's very wrong - and want to complain publicly because loads of pensioners go there, and people take their mums etc etc - surely that's not on?
What can I do? Local paper or something?

Groovee Mon 13-Jun-11 20:40:57

50p for cream?????? they're taking the mick

pumpernickel10 Mon 13-Jun-11 20:41:17

Why bother 50p is feck all.
Oh you you've posted this twice in AIBU

BornInAfrica Mon 13-Jun-11 20:41:47

All that angst for a 50p squirt of cream?

Is this really the best you can do?

scurryfunge Mon 13-Jun-11 20:41:53

Just pay what you think it was worth, take 50p off the bill if you believe they were taking the piss.

SoupDragon Mon 13-Jun-11 20:43:31

Call the Waaahbulance

fustyarse Mon 13-Jun-11 20:43:56

coming from an ex-waitress pov...

sounds like a genune mistake to me

no reason to 'hit the roof', just a quick - oh look, I only asked for a little bit of cream, do I still get charged the full price?

did you eat it?

chances are it would've been taken off your bill wth no fuss

local paper? are you quite mad?

pumpernickel10 Mon 13-Jun-11 20:43:59

You can be poor if your eating in a garden centre everyone knows they are rob dogs. But 50p what a fucking liberty

pumpernickel10 Mon 13-Jun-11 20:44:38

Can't I mean

shakey1500 Mon 13-Jun-11 20:47:15

Really? Go to the papers over 50p? I'm all for "it's the principle etc" but the fact remains that you were charged for something you had. You may think it's extortionate but, at the very most, just don't have it with cream in the future.

pumpernickel10 Mon 13-Jun-11 20:57:23

And I bet you lapped that cream up too op

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now