Advanced search

my mother beats my kids

(13 Posts)
mattsmadmum Mon 13-Jun-11 19:47:42

my mother who we live with hits my ds. 8. dh died and i had to sell house and move in with her.only just
told dm in law who went nuts.until we move out how can i cope she is extremly bad tempered and controlling and the slightess thing can set her dad dead too,its an unpleasant and unhappy place to be and scary too and yes she did beat me as a child-i punish ds in other ways and dd a baby but ds says he heard her shouting at dd when she was crying.everyone will probably hate me but until i move out how can i cope

Reality Mon 13-Jun-11 19:49:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

stoppinchingthedummy Mon 13-Jun-11 19:49:13

Get out of there -your poor ds ..oh and whollop your mother back!!!!!

reelingintheyears Mon 13-Jun-11 19:50:39

Have you been to the council?

I don't really know how quickly they would house you but you must go and find out.

reddaisy Mon 13-Jun-11 19:50:50

Can you move out and live with your dm-in-law instead? Or go and see the council and declare yourselves homeless so they find you something?

Where were you when she did this? I would not let someone be around my children who harmed them.

RitaMorgan Mon 13-Jun-11 19:50:51

Go to the council, tell them you/your children are experiencing domestic violence and see if they will help you find temporary accomodation?

When does she have an opportunity to abuse the children? Can you make sure she is never alone with them?

PikaTYchu Mon 13-Jun-11 19:51:21

Tell the council, HV and police if you have to, get rehomed via council emergency. Your living situation sounds horrific sad

Hulababy Mon 13-Jun-11 19:51:46

Can you MIL put you up temporarily?
I know it seems drastic, but what about a refuge?
TBH, if she is beating your DS I would even consider moing out and turning up at SS as homeless.
You need to protect your DS and your DD.

reddaisy Mon 13-Jun-11 19:51:53

I'm pretty sure even if they didn't have a house for you they would put you in a b&b or something while you were waiting. Honestly, you have to get out. The long-term effects on your son cannot be underestimated.

LDNmummy Mon 13-Jun-11 19:52:28

I would smack her in the face TBH, my mother or not, she has no right.

Is there nowhere else you can go?

bubblecoral Mon 13-Jun-11 19:54:16

You can't cope, and you certainly should be expecting your poor children to cope!

Get out, go to a homeless shelter, turn up at the council offices tommorow morning and declare yourself homeless, do whatever you have to do to protect your children.

shakey1500 Mon 13-Jun-11 19:58:04

My sister and I were in a similar situation for all of our childhood and I am URGING you with as much force as I can do across a computer screen to get them, and yourself OUT of this situation. Our Mother did nothing and I can't tell you the massive amount of hatred and resentment I feel towards her for not removing us from the awful situation we were in.

I simply cannot understand why ANY mother would stay in those circumstances. I would rather we had slept in the gutter, seriously.

Do it, do it now. Good luck.

DoMeDon Mon 13-Jun-11 20:01:27

What if she hits the baby??? You have to get out, you must protect your DC - it is your JOB.

Sounds like you feel utterly low, my words are not here to make you feel worse but they are the harsh reality. Phone social services now or go to your DMIL/friend/anywhere.

Where are you? Maybe near one of us and we could help?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: