Talk

Advanced search

to consider faking illness as an excuse...

(11 Posts)
Nixea Mon 13-Jun-11 17:25:07

...for the house resembling a biohazard zone, the chicken for dinner still sitting contently in the freezer and The Child being covered quite literally from head to foot in a glorious mud/sand mixture and the DH arriving home any minute? Oh...and for the bottle of wine already being open!

Maybe something something suitably serious like plague might be a good excuse.

belindarose Mon 13-Jun-11 17:26:46

You could tell him a tiger came for tea.

Insomnia11 Mon 13-Jun-11 17:26:49

You've had a off day. Get a takeaway or something quick. Don't make an excuse.

pumpernickel10 Mon 13-Jun-11 17:28:04

Get a takeaway I would

CurrySpice Mon 13-Jun-11 17:28:12

HIde the bottle and go outside and roll in the mud too - then suggest take-away / beans on toast for tea

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 13-Jun-11 17:29:09

stuff child and dirt in a cupboard and announce to your dh that you think he deserves a treat and should choose his favourite takeaway.

Nixea Mon 13-Jun-11 17:30:48

I have to confess that rolling in the mud does look like fun...although maybe that's the glass of wine talking!

Thanks all - you've justified a crisis call to the nearest Chinese! Love the idea of selling it to him as a treat for him too <grins>

CurrySpice Mon 13-Jun-11 17:32:32

Yes, you are so concerned to give him a treat, you've already opened the wine ready for his return... wink

Nixea Mon 13-Jun-11 17:35:33

Bloomin brilliant Curry! That's how thoughtful I am <polishes halo>

Thanks!

CurrySpice Mon 13-Jun-11 17:37:13

Selfless you are Nixea. Selfless <nodding sagely emoticon>

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 13-Jun-11 17:37:35

grin
such a thoughtful person you are!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: