Talk

Advanced search

to think my mum was just being a bitch

(26 Posts)
biddysmama Mon 13-Jun-11 10:14:56

i have a 9 year old, 26 month old,a 9 month old and ive just found out i'm about 8 weeks pregnant .. i told my mum i was pregnant and all she said was "you'll probably lose it anyway with them being so close together and the breastfeeding " (i tandem both my little ones)

i already have an anxiety problem when pregnant and now im shitting it!

bt1978 Mon 13-Jun-11 10:16:47

YANBU
Horrible thing to say!
Congrats on your pregnancy.

Chen23 Mon 13-Jun-11 10:17:17

2 months pregnant with a 9 month old baby?

I didn't even know that was possible

YANBU btw, that's a real shocker to come out of anyone's mouth, never mind your own mum........

MrsKwazii Mon 13-Jun-11 10:18:15

Yes, she was being a bitch. I hope she realises and apologises.

Congratulations btw, hope all goes really well smile

Happymm Mon 13-Jun-11 10:18:20

Oh wow! Congratulations!
Life is sure going to get busy for you!
Well done, and ignore your bitch mother mummy dearest smile

GeekCool Mon 13-Jun-11 10:18:25

That's just nasty! YANBU!

biddysmama Mon 13-Jun-11 10:19:25

i breastfeed both my littlies aswell, dont ever believe anyone that tellsyou bf stops pregnancy lol ive done it twice now... there is 17months between dd and ds2 and will be 18 months between ds2 and baby

thegruffalosma Mon 13-Jun-11 10:19:27

shock Unforgivable imo. What did you say to her?

faverolles Mon 13-Jun-11 10:20:13

What a hurtful thing for her to say.
Is she worried about how you'll cope, or thinking this is an unplanned/unwanted pregnancy?
I don't think there is any proof that having babies close together, or breastfeeding during pregnancy, has any bearing on that pregnancy. Plenty of people on mn could testify to that, so I don't think you should worry about it.
As for your mother, ignore her!
Congratulations smile

biddysmama Mon 13-Jun-11 10:22:44

i didnt know what to say and just started talking to ds2 instead

bupcakesandcunting Mon 13-Jun-11 10:23:32

Fuck's sake.

I would have told her to go and swivel on a fat one.

TidyDancer Mon 13-Jun-11 10:25:39

Bloody hell, what a fucking shit thing to say!

Big congratulations from me! smile

chipmonkey Mon 13-Jun-11 10:26:20

YANBU, your Mum was being a cow!

Chen you didnt think it was possible to get pregnant when your baby is 7 months old? I have known women who found out they were pregnant again at their 6 week check up! As soon as one is out, it's possible for another one to go in!

youmeatsix Mon 13-Jun-11 10:35:15

i think the comment "2 months pregnant with a 9 month old baby" meant she was 2 months pregnant WITH a 9 month old baby inside her!

tidybaby Mon 13-Jun-11 10:37:05

What a truly horrible thing to say! Oh and as for the 'too close together thing', there is 11+a half months exactly between my brother and sister so it is entirely possible. Congratulations by the way.

onclefestere Mon 13-Jun-11 10:39:23

congratulations. That was a completely horrid thing to say sad

JanMorrow Mon 13-Jun-11 10:43:33

Yes she's being a bitch, is she always like that or do you think she's worried for you and it came out wrong?

I'm 17weeks pregnant (with twins) and have a 7 month old baby who I breastfeed and have never been warned that it might be dangerous, so please don't worry!

biddysmama Mon 13-Jun-11 10:47:14

i bf dd when pregnant with ds2 and now i bf dd and ds2 while pg, she doesnt agree with extended bf so i think it was partly an attempt to scare me into weaning dd i dunno, shes not very nice sometimes sad

chubbly Mon 13-Jun-11 10:49:12

I had to read it twice, because I thought she meant lose control of juggling three kids or something. Then I re- read, I cannot believe anyone would say something like that to anyone, let alone your own mum. Ignore her.
Congratulations!! Your youngest 2 will be very close as they grow up, maybe even in the same year. I have friends that were 11 months apart, they behaved like twins and had a lovely relationship with each other.

Pixieonthemoor Mon 13-Jun-11 10:54:14

Seriously nasty. I am SO sorry as it must have shaken you. Congratulations!

LeQueen Mon 13-Jun-11 10:57:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LeQueen Mon 13-Jun-11 10:58:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

schnarf Sun 07-Aug-11 20:37:58

Just curious biddy, don't take offence, are you strongly against birth control, or are you deliberately trying to create a large family while your fertility is high?

create Sun 07-Aug-11 20:46:50

How did you tell her about the new pregnancy, was it "Mum I've got great news" or "Mum WTF am I going to do?" Is it possible, she was (very clumsily) trying to make you feel better?

proudfoot Sun 07-Aug-11 20:52:34

YANBU

Awful comment from her. She should be ashamed of herself sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now