Talk

Advanced search

To not understand why there is so much disability bashing on here this weekend!

(8 Posts)
keepingupwiththejoneses Sun 12-Jun-11 23:57:57

As a parent of 2 children with SEN, I feel quite sick at reading these boards this weekend.
Both my boys have 'Invisible disabilities', 1 has ADHD and one had severe autism.
Why do people feel the need to be so disgustingly ignorant and hurtful towards things they don't understand?
You can see air but you believe in it so why not autism and alike.
Having children with these disabilities is hard enough without outsiders taking it upon themselves to make it harder.

MrsReasonable Mon 13-Jun-11 00:02:13

Do you have any examples?

keepingupwiththejoneses Mon 13-Jun-11 00:06:13

There has been a few threads containing it here and here for starers.

keepingupwiththejoneses Mon 13-Jun-11 00:06:29

starters

ApocalypseCheeseToastie Mon 13-Jun-11 00:10:31

Loads of em, just ignore and don't give them the attention they crave.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Mon 13-Jun-11 00:46:35

Cheese and Pizza?

xstitch Mon 13-Jun-11 00:50:28

It's because people like me are scum of the Earth who don't deserve to live. Makes them feel superior, they have never heard of the phrase 'there but for the grace of God go I' . I am more kind hearted than them and wouldn't wish it on them but do wish they could just think 'what if' for a moment and develop just an ounce of compassion for others.

Its not fashionable to be compassionate and considerate for others. In fact on another thread I was called a weirdo for trying to be considerate.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Mon 13-Jun-11 00:53:30

Hi xstitch.

Would you like to join the shopping list? We thought it might be more constructive rather than give any trolls or other unpleasant people any ammunition.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: