Talk

Advanced search

To ask what could be the matter with me?

(16 Posts)
HellBunny Sun 12-Jun-11 22:40:01

I've never felt ill like this before. I'll call the doc in the AM but was wondering if any of you have had anything similar?

I get a pain in my kidney followed by cold hands and feet, dehydration, the shakes and a sore head. Co-Codamol alleviates te symptoms for a bit but they always return. This has been coming and going since last night and with three pre-schoolers and a colicky newborn I just don't have the time for this shit!

I'm probably being a wuss because I'm not the type to ever fall ill so I get a bit frightened on the odd occasion that I do.

Opinions?

CoffeeDodger Sun 12-Jun-11 22:41:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MissVerinder Sun 12-Jun-11 22:42:56

^ definitely as above. Sounds like a UTI that's got a hold.

hiddenhome Sun 12-Jun-11 22:44:15

Sounds like a uti sad

Try to see your GP tomorrow.

PhishFoodAddiction Sun 12-Jun-11 22:44:48

Sounds similar to when I had cystitis- I had awful pain in my kidneys, felt fluey, sooo thirsty, was sick etc. Soon felt better when doctor prescribed me something (was a long time ago, can't remember what it was now).

Keep hydrated and get to the docs tomorrow.

WhipMeIndiana Sun 12-Jun-11 22:44:52

plenty of fluids - could be flu

Punkatheart Sun 12-Jun-11 22:45:27

Sounds like a bug. How do you know it is on your kidney? You haven't had it for long and so going to the docs asap is the right thing. That's all you can do...

5318008 Sun 12-Jun-11 22:45:38

how old is the baby?

are you BF?

is there another adult in the house with you at the mo?

howdoo Sun 12-Jun-11 22:45:39

Well,when I had this (apart from the headache) with a newborn, it was a kidney infection. I rang NHS direct who advised me to go to A&E, which I did, and I was kept in for 5 days! Depends how bad you feel, but maybe give them a call?

FairyLightsForever Sun 12-Jun-11 22:47:42

Cystitis can give you pain and flu like symptoms. Tonight, try to drink lots of water, or cranberry juice if you have any. Tomorrow you need a doctor's appt to get antibiotics and I know it's virtually impossible, but grab any rest that you can get.

HellBunny Sun 12-Jun-11 22:57:29

5318008 DH is here, baby is 5 weeks and I breast feed. I can only assume it's my kidney since the pain is where I'm sure the kidney is. I suppose the doc will correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe I'll just tell him it's a pain that is on my lower left side going round ot ny back and let him make the diagnosis.

howdoo if it gets worse I might call them. My docs are pretty good at getting you seen on the same day though so hopefully it'll just be a simple thing (Like a UTI as suggested!) and all will be well with antibiotics.

I've been drinking water like it's going out of fashion but I'm still thirst all the time. I think I'll be taking a massive bottle of water to bed with me! WHich is where I'm headed now.

Thanks all!

5318008 Sun 12-Jun-11 23:20:22

I was wondering if you might have a touch of mastitis too

do call the GP tomorrow and get yourself looked at; DH may need to take time off work to care for you and the DCs

congratulations on the birth of your new baby x

HellBunny Tue 14-Jun-11 13:01:50

5318008 Thank you for the congratulations. She's a great baby. As for me? I have mastitis, a UTI that's gone up to my kidneys, AND some sort of virus! Needless to say I've been rough over the last while but I'm hoping the antibiotics will hit the UTI and mastitis. Fun times!

We're getting all the kids away for the night for the first time in ages on Saturday. This is just sods law!

HellBunny Tue 14-Jun-11 13:04:14

And DH has indeed taken a week off. His boss isn't too happy about it but DH said that family came first and there was nothing he could do about it. So, his boss is taking the time off of HIS sick days. Charming.

5318008 Tue 14-Jun-11 20:30:14

oh bless you - I hope you feel better soon

pffffffffffft to DH's boss and good on DH for stepping up to the plate

pumpernickel10 Tue 14-Jun-11 20:35:29

Hope you feel better soon smile
Congratulations on the baby

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: