Talk

Advanced search

to think that the grandparents...

(10 Posts)
Justdontno Sun 12-Jun-11 12:38:29

the kids grandparents, could bother to drop off a birthday present for my daughter to us instead of to my brother? They are soon to go on holiday, but the day after they dropped it off with him, they were in town, shopping just around the corner from my house. I am getting a bit tired of the whole ' buy presents for them but never bother to visit' and just left an answermachine message telling them that they can buy DD2 whatever they want, but whats the point if they never bother to visit?

pumpernickel10 Sun 12-Jun-11 12:40:37

Is there a reason they don't visit do you get on?
Sorry just trying to get the full picture op

Justdontno Sun 12-Jun-11 12:43:26

yes we get on fine. I dont know why they dont visit, because I have never openly challenged it up until now, so perhaps there is some sort of reason. We go to visit them when we can get the time. I think they just cant be bothered.

redskyatnight Sun 12-Jun-11 12:52:23

Perfectly reasonable to drop off present with your brother if more convenient (perhaps the shopping near you was a last minute thing).

Very odd that they won't visit which is what you possibly want to focus on.

Justdontno Sun 12-Jun-11 12:55:15

they arent going until monday, it was thursday they dropped off present, friday they were in town. No answer today so they are obviously in town again. But hey ho.

Justdontno Sun 12-Jun-11 12:55:52

they also are back from their holiday in time for my daughters birthday but are going fishing grin

TidyDancer Sun 12-Jun-11 12:56:24

They can buy thousands of pounds worth of presents but it means diddly squat if they don't give their time as well.

I would focus on the larger problem of no visits, rather than this specific thing. But YANBU.

Justdontno Sun 12-Jun-11 12:57:19

that is actually my point TD, as i said in the OP, that is what really bothers me, they can throw all the gifts they want at my kids, but what is the point when the kids barely see them? Buying their affection does not sit right with me.

pumpernickel10 Sun 12-Jun-11 12:59:24

If they can't visit then it's their problem, they will miss out on seeing your DC it will be something they will regret. You've done all you can if they can't come to you stuff them. I had that with my in laws then I put my foot down they never saw DD for 4 months I said if you want to see her you'll come here to us.

Justdontno Sun 12-Jun-11 13:01:30

Aye I know PN, it just fucks me off. They have ten grandchildren between them and manage to see two regularly, four not so regularly and mine barely at all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: