Talk

Advanced search

to be ok with DH going away for the weekend when I'm 36 weeks pregnant?

(13 Posts)
Reality Sun 12-Jun-11 11:46:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pumpernickel10 Sun 12-Jun-11 11:47:59

Fuck them if your happy for him to go that's all that matters

pjmama Sun 12-Jun-11 11:48:54

I guess there is a chance you'd go into labour while he was away and he'd miss it, but if you've got support in place and ready at home in case that happened and are happy to take the risk then I'd say it's entirely up to you.

MovingAndScared Sun 12-Jun-11 11:50:35

36 weeks should be ok - any later I would not have been that happy - yes you could go into labour but something could happen throughut all of your preganacy - so unless people think partners should never go away at all seems silly

shrinkingnora Sun 12-Jun-11 11:53:03

If you're happy with it then it's fine - I would have been fine with it up to 38/39 weeks I think. Life goes on even when you're pregnant. And it will be nice for him to have a proper break before the baby arrives. Shame you can't leave the bump at home and join him!

pumpernickel10 Sun 12-Jun-11 11:53:22

I guess he's not going to the other side of the world so if anything was to happen then I'm sure he'll only be a few hundred miles away

Reality Sun 12-Jun-11 12:03:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thursday Sun 12-Jun-11 12:22:20

having had one at 36 weeks, i wouldn't be happy with him going anywhere after 34 in future, and tbh i don't think he'd want to go. but as there's no reason for you to think you might go early, its just whatever you're comfortable with.

shuffleballchange Sun 12-Jun-11 13:00:02

If you are happy with it then fine. When I was pregnant with DS1, DH went to a concert 300 miles away when I was just over 33 weeks. I had DS1 at 5am the next day and rang and told him he was a Dad, to say he was shocked was an understatement. It was the day of the London bombings so took him ages to get to the hospital. Worked out great for me though as I had my mum with me and DS1 was a healthy 6lb 10 despite being so early, plus he owed me BIG TIME grin

clairefromsteps Sun 12-Jun-11 13:22:23

If you're happy, then all well and good. Make sure you have someone close by, y'know, just in case.

However, as someone who is currently 36 weeks and has suddenly turned very clingy and hormonal, if my DH said he was going away for the weekend to get drunk with his mates he would get a response along the lines of 'If you do, don't fucking well bother coming back.'

But I am VERY hormonal at the mo.

HappyMummyOfOne Sun 12-Jun-11 13:34:58

I'd have been happy with DH going away at 36 weeks, its still a whole month off and easy enough to get back if labour happens early.

TidyDancer Sun 12-Jun-11 13:38:00

I don't think there's anything wrong with him going as long as you're both okay about it.

I don't know if I would be happy about it though. It's the sheer distance, rather than the fact that he's away at all for me.

mummymeister Sun 12-Jun-11 13:47:30

I think it depends on how you feel on the day that he is due to go. You are an experienced mum All mine were 2 or 3 weeks overdue . Trust your instinct. if you really don't mind then don't care what other people say but if you do then say so to him. Could you have a friend over yourself for all /part of the weekend just to give you a hand with the other kids so you can get your feet up? DH worked abroad a lot during my pregnancies so found having friends to stay a bit of light relief both for me and the kids. Plus of course you have the house to yourself - a bonus i would say.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: