Talk

Advanced search

to ask you to remind me why coke is BAD

(190 Posts)
OilySnatch Sun 12-Jun-11 00:51:37

apart from the cost, which can feel, I keep forgetting why it is not a good idea?

pants are not entirely flameproof so please don't go mad with judgemental joy

PamBeesly Sun 12-Jun-11 00:52:15

coca cola or cocaine?... no judgement

worraliberty Sun 12-Jun-11 00:53:32

Well I was so pleased my local Londis is now stocking 2ltrs for £1.39 instead of the usual £1.99 tonight (seriously) so I'm quite happy.

MaureenMLove Sun 12-Jun-11 00:55:17

It is very bad, because it goes so well with brandy and I have had lots tonight and I will feel bad tomorrow, so therefore coke is bad?

pebbles1972 Sun 12-Jun-11 00:56:17

99p here - the 'pop' coke not the snorty kind shock

and apparently it cleans your loo if you've ran out of jif shock

ZXEightyMum Sun 12-Jun-11 00:58:45

Coke is nice with vodka in moderation but the drink is bad because it removes organic detritus from a sink with alarming efficiency.

MadamDeathstare Sun 12-Jun-11 00:59:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Thingumy Sun 12-Jun-11 00:59:42

bad

OilySnatch Sun 12-Jun-11 01:00:11

cocaine

don't like coca cola, it's probably just as bad for you?

spiderslegs Sun 12-Jun-11 01:00:44

OilySnatch - Jeysus - I love the Coke.

Really.

I do.

LordOfTheFlies Sun 12-Jun-11 01:01:48

Put a tooth in a glass of coke. ( I used a wisdom tooth not one of my DCs fragile little milk teeth) and the results were enough to put anyone off.

Go onto Tackroom and find the video of the rodeo where the "wranglers" are from a high security prison. See what happens to the horses. Have a strong stomach.
Coca cola sponsers this.sad angry

spiderslegs Sun 12-Jun-11 01:02:24

Makes me feel better.

Always.

Really.

thursday Sun 12-Jun-11 01:03:51

http://ihazinfos.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/drink-a-coke.jpg

i do so love it though.

thursday Sun 12-Jun-11 01:06:00

ihazinfos.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/drink-a-coke.jpg

ZXEightyMum Sun 12-Jun-11 01:06:21

Oh. Well yes, that is terribly bad for you. If you have any about you should hand it in to your nearest MNer for safekeeping immediately.

Seriously though do you need to ask? I get enough surrealism, lack of sleep, time and space perception, loss of libido and generally feeling shite just from raising my children.

MadamDeathstare Sun 12-Jun-11 01:07:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OilySnatch Sun 12-Jun-11 01:07:48

no no not coca cola

I don't fancy the heart attack but you never think that sort of thing will happen to you, do you?

spiderslegs, do you use it regularly?

OilySnatch Sun 12-Jun-11 01:09:18

yes is not exactly a fair trade substance is it? guilt trip might help

OilySnatch Sun 12-Jun-11 01:10:07

(that link didn't open but I know)

thursday Sun 12-Jun-11 01:10:49

haha! sorry, too much time on mfp today. oh, that coke. i don't love that and not sure how to explain without a bit of judgeypants so i'll bow out.

JarethTheGoblinKing Sun 12-Jun-11 01:12:42

because it turns you into a blathering boring cunt.

PamBeesly Sun 12-Jun-11 01:12:57

Hi Oily....are you a regular user? Probably nothing to do with your OP but just wondered. Cocaine is illegal...not great as a start. The health problems associated with it I'm sure you're familar with if you have any knowlege of it, its so bad for your heart. I've had a lot of friends who used coke and they all became assholes while they were using. Its so addictive. It can cause you to break peoples hearts sad No judgement still, just telling you the facts. Hope you are alright.

OilySnatch Sun 12-Jun-11 01:14:07

maybe I could survive and benefit from a bit of well intentioned judgeypants though? I don't need a coke habit, worried I might develop one. Cannot seem to get through a week without doing some, it used to be v v occasional

PamBeesly Sun 12-Jun-11 01:15:17

Yeah don't even start on how it enters the country...thats if you live in the UK (which I don't I live in RoI)....criminal gangs, murder, human trafficking...then on a very basic level...what its mixed with....you have no idea, a lot of 'coke' isn't just cocaine. Believe me still no judgement, just the facts

DooinMeCleanin Sun 12-Jun-11 01:16:09

As someone who used to use and used to hang around people who use, sometimes whilst sober....

It turns you into a twat of the highest order. Honestly, you might think your funny, confident, witty etc. but your not, you just sound and look like a twat.

It gives you spots. It makes you grind your teeth and can cause cavaties from the consant grinding. You look sweaty and sniffy and really just not very attractive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now