Talk

Advanced search

To ask: What do you boycott?

(155 Posts)
Vagabond Sat 11-Jun-11 23:19:48

I boycott Starbucks (bad coffee, too ubiquitous), and any film with Scientologists in it. Tom Cruise, you're dead meat!

What do you boycott?

LineRunner Sat 11-Jun-11 23:21:01

Your thread.

TheseThingsAreGoodThings Sat 11-Jun-11 23:24:14

Nothing.

I hate boycotts.

fivegomadindorset Sat 11-Jun-11 23:24:22

Monkey world

fatlazymummy Sat 11-Jun-11 23:24:46

Celebrity magazines, TV programmes with Kerry Katona and Katie Price and all that sort of shit.

DontCallMePeanut Sat 11-Jun-11 23:25:46

Pizza Hut, after the footballers incident made me aware of a VERY prejudiced policy they had in place.

reelingintheyears Sat 11-Jun-11 23:26:42

MacDonalds.....

The food is shite.

MumblingRagDoll Sat 11-Jun-11 23:27:35

What policy Peanut?

BeerTricksPotter Sat 11-Jun-11 23:27:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

newportstateofmind Sat 11-Jun-11 23:27:56

Nestle

What is the Pizza Hut policy?

LordOfTheFlies Sat 11-Jun-11 23:28:36

There was a thread on Tackroom about rodeos sponsered by Coca-Cola.
It was run for prisoners and was really horrendously gut-wrenching.Some things cannot be unseen.
Never been a Coke drinker (won't let DCs have it ) but now I can bug the t*ts off everyone who does.

Sarah159 Sat 11-Jun-11 23:29:11

Nestle here too

And this week, washing hair, not so much a choice though

squeakytoy Sat 11-Jun-11 23:30:27

Aspartame

newportstateofmind Sat 11-Jun-11 23:30:30

I second BTP with regards to anything royal.

LetThereBeRock Sat 11-Jun-11 23:30:38

Why Monkey World?

Thingumy Sat 11-Jun-11 23:31:27

can't stand Starbucks-it tastes rancid

Macdonalds-just cos they are shit and I always regret eating in there 30 minutes later during my indigestion bout.

Heavily farmed Chickens (only buy organic)

Rosie Boycott

QuoththeRaven Sat 11-Jun-11 23:32:03

Happy Eggs

HarrietSchulenberg Sat 11-Jun-11 23:32:20

Ha ha, I have a list!
Gap and Starbucks are but 2.
A local shop that used underhand buying and trading tactics against another shop that my friend ran. I flatly refuse to set foot in there even though it means a 50 mile round trip to buy elsewhere.
Also a local petrol station that were disgustingly rude to me once. I take some small pleasure every time I fill the tank at somewhere other than there.

SpringHeeledJack Sat 11-Jun-11 23:32:59

oooh I've got more companies on my shit list than off it

let me seeeeee

<strokes chin>

any Proctor and Gamble (due to hhhhideous Sponsor of Mums ads)
Nestle
any big coffee chain (except AMT- I luuuurve them)
Asda
Subway
Burger King (shit chips)
the Other Newsagents
one of my locals

...ere, 'old on, Peanut, what Pizza Hut/footballer incident? The only one that comes to mind is that a friend's friend's friend said he'd seen Ryan Giggs crying in there after Dani Behr chucked him

I found out later that everyone in Manchester said they'd seen it too

<gah>

LetThereBeRock Sat 11-Jun-11 23:33:12

And why Happy Eggs,Quoth?

reelingintheyears Sat 11-Jun-11 23:33:19

IIRC...Pizza Hut refused to serve a group of black footballers unless they paid upfront for their food.

I think it was in Bournemouth.

DontCallMePeanut Sat 11-Jun-11 23:34:09

I'm not sure if it's still in place, but it was brought up late last year, after a group of footballers were asked to pay up front for their meal. They asked why, and were told it was policy, yet none of the other customers had been asked to do so. It turns out, Pizza Hut had a policy in place which meant they could select people to charge up front, yet it seemed to be applied to people they thought were ar risk of doing a runner, without paying. Now, I'm pretty sure you can't tell that from just looking at someone, but that's the only way this policy could have been applied, if it wasn't being applied across the board.

Now, if Pizza Hut want to introduce a policy which means everyone pays up front, then fair enough. But a policy which means you pick and choose who needs to pay up front, then that runs the risk of being abused in terms of discrimination.

SoloIsAHotCougar Sat 11-Jun-11 23:34:58

McDonald's, L'Oreal, Coca Cola, erm...

SpringHeeledJack Sat 11-Jun-11 23:35:09

wha???

I wish I went in there, so I could boycott it

however I don't as their pizzas are shit

DontCallMePeanut Sat 11-Jun-11 23:35:20

That's the incident, Reeling. It was a nationwide policy, but they could pick and choose who they made pay up front.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: