Talk

Advanced search

Would it be unreasonable of DH to go and shout at the fcukwits who are having a firework party?

(29 Posts)
AgentZigzag Sat 11-Jun-11 22:59:56

They've woken up 17 MO DD2 who was sleeping like a baby, and are keeping awake DD1 angry

Had 15 mins of it at half ten, it stopped so we put DD2 to bed, now they've started off again.

Really loud air bombs.

He'll be as bad as them though won't he?

BeerTricksPotter Sat 11-Jun-11 23:03:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RabidRabbit Sat 11-Jun-11 23:03:50

The Fireworks Regulations 2004 prohibit anyone under 18 from possessing a firework, and anyone except professionals from possessing display fireworks. They also prohibit the use of fireworks between 11.00 pm and 7.00 am except for Chinese New Year, Diwali, New Year's Eve and Bonfire Night. Since January 2005 only licensed traders can supply fireworks year round (find out more about fireworks legislation). Unlicensed traders can only sell them for short periods around the festivals mentioned above.

No real point in you knowing the above really, unless you plan on reading them the riot act, or calling the non emergency police number to report them for being fucking nuisances.

ggirl Sat 11-Jun-11 23:04:47

do you live near me?
also just heard fireworks

SpringHeeledJack Sat 11-Jun-11 23:05:00

awwww don't

SongBirdsKeepSinging Sat 11-Jun-11 23:06:56

Ooo that's handy to know, we had similar goings on last weekend but luckily they didn't wake dd up.

Do you know the fuck wits?they may not respond well to your dh telling them to stop, non emergency police number is what I would do now knowing that they aren't allowed to set fireworks off after 11pm

Happymm Sat 11-Jun-11 23:10:39

This is one of my big bugbears. Am a right bar humbug and hate the fucking things. Tbh by the time the non emergency police arrived it'll all be over and they won't do a thing <shrugs> I feel for you, I really do sad

Bohica Sat 11-Jun-11 23:10:43

I hate fireworks on designated nights, will attend displays for the children but still hate them. If I had a neighbour setting fireworks off right now I would call the non emergency number (back up) & then go round there & tell them to pack it in as nicely as I could manage with children be woken. That said, I do live in a small village so it's not likely to happen & the one time I did knock on a neighbours to tell them to shove thier house party up their arse they were very nice about it & kept the noise down <scary neighbour emotioncon>

AgentZigzag Sat 11-Jun-11 23:13:25

I would have gone out shouting like a fishwife in my younger days, and have done grin

But I'm a pussy cat nowadays so wouldn't be so common (I draw the line at licking my own arse though) DH has calmed down a bit now and realises he'd be lowering the tone of the neighbourhood and thus house prices.

There's not been another one for 10 mins now, should we risk putting DD2 back upstairs <<fretting, need an evening>>

dreamofgenie Sat 11-Jun-11 23:13:48

Think I may live in the same neighbourhood too as just heard them and was trying to figure out why they would be going on tonight.

LiverpoolLeap Sat 11-Jun-11 23:15:05

Have they ever done it before? If it's the third time this year, go complain. If it's rare to never, let it go.

SongBirdsKeepSinging Sat 11-Jun-11 23:15:14

I really don't understand why fireworks are even sold to the general public .there are plenty of proper displays and every year there is some tragic story about someone going back to re light a firework etc they are dangerous and I don't like them.but I am also a big bah humbug.(not about Christmas though!)

AgentZigzag Sat 11-Jun-11 23:15:46

We're a fair way from them, it's echoing through some warehouses to get to us, but I really, really feel for the parents of little ones nearer the tossers.

I'd really would be furious if DD2 was a bad sleeper/I was walking dead from lack of sleep.

SongBirdsKeepSinging Sat 11-Jun-11 23:16:43

To be clear I'm not saying they should be banned but if I was in charge I'd ban them grin

AgentZigzag Sat 11-Jun-11 23:16:49

Could it be because of Her Majs birthday?

I just can't imagine any celebrations like that going on for an insignificant age.

seeker Sat 11-Jun-11 23:17:43

YYou don;t live in Canterbury, do you? Dd is on her way home froma firework party - many apologies if she was part of your problem!

ZXEightyMum Sat 11-Jun-11 23:20:44

I've heard fireworks too, I don't know why.

Mind you there were fireworks galore on the night of the London Bombings hmm

AgentZigzag Sat 11-Jun-11 23:20:54

Awww, that's nice of you to say that seeker, we're nowhere near Canterbury though.

Was the one your DD went to for anything? Or just a general knees up.

Hope she had a good time.

I like a good firework display, just not randomly dated ones (that wake up DD2).

Bohica Sat 11-Jun-11 23:21:00

Agent did you just call me common?

AgentZigzag Sat 11-Jun-11 23:22:01

'Mind you there were fireworks galore on the night of the London Bombings'

Huh? On the 7/7 ones?

BeerTricksPotter Sat 11-Jun-11 23:24:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SpringHeeledJack Sat 11-Jun-11 23:25:44

'DH has calmed down a bit now and realises he'd be lowering the tone of the neighbourhood and thus house prices'

roffle roffle

AgentZigzag Sat 11-Jun-11 23:26:05

It was an unfortunate x post Bohica, I was definately referring to mesen grin

But it did give me the opportunity to look up your MN name grin

ZXEightyMum Sat 11-Jun-11 23:26:56

Yes. I live forty minutes (by train) from London. The sky was lit up and the atmosphere rent with explosions that night. DD was three or four, she was upset.

I wasn't talking about the Blitz grin

seeker Sat 11-Jun-11 23:30:48

AgentZigzag - no. Well, only that her friend is a bit of a "princess" and always has fireworks for her birthday! She'll be 16 next year - god knows what the display her dad will put on for that will be like!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: