Advanced search

to want to call the police?

(15 Posts)
cejay Sat 11-Jun-11 21:51:58

A kid down the road has been organising her friends (boys) to start fights with my son at school which we have tried to deal with at school. she has started getting them to come up to our house and today one of them actually opened our front door and shouted into the house. Mum is very agressive. Dad is a bit more reasonable but not sure what to do next. Any ideas?

SixtyFootDoll Sat 11-Jun-11 21:54:24

How old are the kids?

TidyDancer Sat 11-Jun-11 21:54:41

Yes, I would call the police. That would make me very fucking angry.

How old is DS?

AgentZigzag Sat 11-Jun-11 21:55:43

If you've tried the school and the parents aren't open to saying anything, what other choice have you got?

They sound a nightmare.

Perhaps you could go to the police with the view to just getting advice, so if they can't do anything you won't feel as though you've been OTT, which I don't think you are BTW.

Your poor DS (and you), how's he handling it?

cejay Sat 11-Jun-11 21:56:09

They are all twelve. The girl has already been in a lot of trouble at school and I just worry that if we don't do anything now it will get worse as they get older.

worraliberty Sat 11-Jun-11 21:57:37

How does your son feel about getting the police involved?

I'm in no way saying you shouldn't by the way, just wondering if he thinks it'll make matters worse or better.

AandK Sat 11-Jun-11 21:57:54

Approach the both parents. If mum is aggressive call police. If it carries on I would apply for an injunction if you can and tell the school. If the school don't help go to the govenors the local council can help with that and that will make them move. I'm so sorry for you sad

280169 Sat 11-Jun-11 21:59:51

yes get it nipped in the bud, horrible kids hope your son is ok

SixtyFootDoll Sat 11-Jun-11 22:02:40

I would speak to parents first tbh. Police won't do much, they havent committed any offences.

AandK Sat 11-Jun-11 22:06:11

I agree sixtyfootdoll but if mother is aggressive after approach then call them threatening behaviour is an offence isn't it?

ScaredyDog Sat 11-Jun-11 22:08:13

I'd say offences have been committed. Harassment for one.

Try speaking to the parents, if it's a no go, call the police non-emergency tomorrow.

SixtyFootDoll Sat 11-Jun-11 22:11:18

You might get a PCSO roll up. But if no assaults have taken place, police won't attend.
It's kids falling out. For the parents to sort out.

Missingfriendsandsad Sat 11-Jun-11 22:17:19

Now i am not advocating this, but this happened to one of my male friends at school - gang of skinheads. His dad was a hard bastard. He went round to the instigator's house, rang the bell and punched the kids dad (also a skinhead) down his own hallway, came back, calmly put a hammer into a hose clip by the front door and then took two weeks off work to sit in the house and be ready. NOTHING happened, and the instigators moved! Victory!

Apart from that though - it is awful for your son he will be dying inside and may well be afraid of going out - even if he still does. This stuff happened at my school and the teachers were afraid of the trouble-makers and blamed the victims for 'always having trouble surrounding them'. One teacher even drove to tell a pupil doing a roadshow for the school that when he got back there were a hundred kids going to get him and why did he always start all this trouble. That kid ended up being afraid to walk up the highstreet in the small town he lived in.

Dad2HandC Sat 11-Jun-11 22:33:06

"calmly put a hammer into a hose clip by the front door and then took two weeks off work to sit in the house and be ready" explain please!

cejay Sun 12-Jun-11 06:58:48

Thanks everyone for all your support and suggestions. Having slept on it I think I will start with dad and take it from there.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: