Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think this man is a total and utter KNOB that should keep his mouth SHUT at all times?

(11 Posts)
onebigyawn Sat 11-Jun-11 21:37:43

My sister is stunning and has had a really hard time over the last few years which includes the break down of her marriage and various other stuff giving her confidence a total battering.
She has recently gone from blonde (highlights) to brunette, had a major restyle, changed her make-up and now looks even more gorgeous.

She got asked to help out yesterday at her childs school serving tea and coffee for dad's day and saw a friend of our brother's there who also has a child at the same school. She goes over to say Hi and he replies Oh hi, like the new look, much less slutty!!! The more I think about this the more irratated I get at how offensive this is...she has never ever looked slutty in her entire life and I can not believe he actually said that to her!

AIBU to tell him the next time I see him what a TWAT he is?

ooohyouareawfulbutilikeyou Sat 11-Jun-11 21:39:07

yes its sod all to do with you

worraliberty Sat 11-Jun-11 21:39:36

Well it depends on if he's got that sort of sense of humour or not?

Was your sister offended? I think that's the main thing to think about.

slartybartfast Sat 11-Jun-11 21:39:41

what a prick!

i would just bear it in mind, and pehraps tell all people that he knows wink

kidsscareme Sat 11-Jun-11 21:40:27

YANBU

Just say to him that he should restyle himself to look 'much less like an idiot'

TWAT

MrsHuwEdwards Sat 11-Jun-11 21:43:07

YANBU in the slightest. What a sodding tosser!

create Sat 11-Jun-11 21:47:00

Well, he did it amazingly bably, but wasn't he just trying to be nice..?

HellAtWork Sat 11-Jun-11 21:55:24

There is just no equivalent is there for slutty for men. FFS.

I was thinking along the lines of pretending you'd noticed some change in him...."ooh you look different, what have you had done? new hair? No? sideburns? No? I just can't put my finger on it but....you just look so less bloated than usual. Have you been cutting back on the beer?"

And then say - hurtful when someone offers an unsolicited nasty opinion veiled as a 'compliment' isn't it?

I had this when I became fully brunette after having had highlights for years along with lots of comments about being marriage material now (WTF?)

onebigyawn Sat 11-Jun-11 22:06:04

My sister does actually find it funny that he would dare to actually say that out loud but I could tell she was also a little hurt. It is just so odd that a 45 year old man would think that is as a compliment? Was he expecting her to reply with a big thank you?! Knobber!

topazmcgonagall Sat 11-Jun-11 23:00:30

Father of sons? Or father of daughters? Either way he wants to figure out what slutwalk's about.
YANBU

squeakytoy Sat 11-Jun-11 23:02:50

Well it is a backhanded compliment. Better than him saying "wow, you look slutty now".

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: