Talk

Advanced search

to think you dont like the way MNHQ do it - then go elsewhere?

(35 Posts)
FriedaRoam Sat 11-Jun-11 18:01:48

criket - they oWN the gaff, surely they can do as they please?
they are only humouring you by making you think that you run it

Hassled Sat 11-Jun-11 18:05:58

Agreed. Thank you.

And everyone needs to stop bloody wingeing about the quality of the posters these days and who said what when and who looked at who funnily. Enough now.

FriedaRoam Sat 11-Jun-11 18:06:56

just trot off

there are other websites
as Justine * hail* said on the mccann thread - dont like it - well TOUGH - bog off

strandedbear Sat 11-Jun-11 18:08:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsSchadenfreude Sat 11-Jun-11 18:09:01

Yeah. There's always netmums. <lifts corner of mouth in sneer>
Is Mumsonline still going?
If you don't like Mn, you probably won't like BMC either.

FriedaRoam Sat 11-Jun-11 18:09:15

ANOTHER one has started.

FriedaRoam Sat 11-Jun-11 18:10:44

piss off if you dont like it!

thisisyesterday Sat 11-Jun-11 18:11:33

actually, I don't totally agree with this

MN would be nothing without the members... we are who ARE mumsnet. And I don't think it's unreasonable for members to say "hey, what's with this?" or "is there a chance we can do stuff differnetly"

MN has changed a lot since I first discovered it, and many of the changes have been suggested or campaigned for by people using the site.

so, i don't think it's unreasonable to ask for things to be changed if you think it's a positive change and you ask nicely.

the whole "if you don't like it fuck off" attitude I actually find really unpleasant actually

FriedaRoam Sat 11-Jun-11 18:12:12

no
if oyu pissed off -t ehre would still be THOUSANDS of others as the "MOldie" thing showed

its their site

thisisyesterday Sat 11-Jun-11 18:12:25

i'm not sure what "we are who ARE mumsnet" means blush
I think I meant that we ARE mumsnet

catinthehat2 Sat 11-Jun-11 18:16:00

oh noes, I'm agreeing with Frieda shock, have always said the same thing though, it's their name on the list of directors, they who get taken to court if someone gets nasty. THey're running a business (an unusual one), it's not easy.

What brought the OP on?

wannaBe Sat 11-Jun-11 18:19:32

I think yes and no.

It is mnhq's site, and as such they technically can do what they like and no-one is obliged to be here.

But mn is a business, and the users are their customer base, their revenue generated from the adverts that are displayed by each click on the site. Therefore, if the customers are unhappy, then the customers are the voice, and the barometer for the revenue. If users start to leave because of dissatisfaction then the revenue drops and the business suffers.

Whether they like it or not businesses do have to listen to their customers if they want to continue to succeed.

Hassled Sat 11-Jun-11 18:20:10

They're certainly reliant on our collective goodwill - but we've all made the conscious decision to register/post. And yes, we can all piss off and maybe they'd go under - but even the constant moaners don't want that. Where would they moan if that happened? So given that it's safe to assume everyone wants MN to exist, stop the constant moaning about what they do.

FriedaRoam Sat 11-Jun-11 18:21:42

Where would they moan if that happened?

LOLOL

thisisyesterday Sat 11-Jun-11 18:23:06

ok... how about when tiktok and mears etc left because of the ads on the front page... was it nestle based? I forget now

they had a lot of support on here.

no-one told them to "jog on" because they didn't like something MN was doing

FriedaRoam Sat 11-Jun-11 18:23:42

no but the place carried on
mears was back a while ago to say hi

thisisyesterday Sat 11-Jun-11 18:25:06

of course the place carried on, and yes tiktok and mears came back once MN had taken the ad down, and MN listened and said they wouldn't do it again

my point is... what is wrong with them saying "hey MN, we don't like this"

they complained, things were changed, everything went on...

FriedaRoam Sat 11-Jun-11 18:25:48

ah yes

pumpernickel10 Sat 11-Jun-11 18:28:31

If I didn't like somewhere I'd leave it's as simple as that folks but I do like MN so I am staying but those that whinge about MN just naff off if you don't like it smile smile

TheFarSide Sat 11-Jun-11 18:28:57

It's healthy to be able to make comments and complaints about a website (or any business) and unhealthy to suppress complaints. Without customers, a business is nothing.

Primalscream Sat 11-Jun-11 18:29:43

YANBU - MN is full of professional moaners who like nothing better than a good moan, they don't really want perfection because once they get that they'll start eating each other - plus the smell of burning martyr gets on my wick - shut up & put your concerns to HQ in a private email.

Shoesytwoesy Sat 11-Jun-11 18:32:01

your not wrong unless they are allowing racism/ diablism the they can make the rules(does help if the rules make sense though)

OracleInaCoracle Sat 11-Jun-11 18:36:57

Im fed up with mn at the moment, I have moaned about it. its my right as a member. I dont like the way it is at the moment and there are a lot of posters who seem to be posting a lot who I dont like. Im not using mn as much, but i take exception to the point that I should just go somewhere else if I dont like it. why should I? this is my site too and I have the right to post here as much as anyone else, I also have the right to say Im not happy with it at the moment as a customer. If I had a shit meal at my favourite restaurant/pub I would complain about it, the same goes here.

DontCallMePeanut Sat 11-Jun-11 18:39:14

Ia there an AIBU on netmums?

catinthehat2 Sat 11-Jun-11 19:16:31

Come on, tell us:

What brought the OP on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now