Talk

Advanced search

TO BE VERY PROUD OF MY 10 YEAR OLD SON

(55 Posts)
RunAwayWife Sat 11-Jun-11 17:44:43

OK I am so proud of DS2, he is off on his school residential trip next week for a week, and the teacher gave the class a chance to choose who they wanted to room with, several people put DS2 as one of their choices but no one wanted DS2s best friend (a little boy with mild autism and ADHD, not one person other then DS2 wanted to be roomed with this little boy sad. So DS2 told the teacher that he was sticking with his choice of his best friend and did not care if it was just the two of them in a room (that is what it will now be). The poor little boy has had a terrible time of it lately and been bullied and the school sent a letter to every child in the classes parents saying that with the exception of one boy they were not happy with the behaviour of the boys in the class to this little boy, and the headmistress told me that the "one boy" was my son who had stuck up for and by his friend despite it costing him friends and causing problems for him.

I am so proud of DS2 because at the age of 10 he has more integrity and loyalty then most adults I know. I am proud to have a son like him.

cory Sat 11-Jun-11 17:46:39

So you should be!

OryxCrake Sat 11-Jun-11 17:49:04

That's really lovely - you have every reason to be proud! Your DS2 sounds like a fab boy.

KatyMac Sat 11-Jun-11 17:50:16

Well done him

& well done you (whether nature or nurture; you did GOOD)

SecretNutellaFix Sat 11-Jun-11 17:51:00

smile

DS2 is a lovely little soul. Be proud of him. Be proud of your family as well for raising him to be a decent boy.

LynetteScavo Sat 11-Jun-11 17:51:16

smile

NedSchneebly Sat 11-Jun-11 17:51:26

Your DS sounds ace! Rightly proud of him- and you too, for giving him such positive and respectful values

Big smiles to you both! smile smile

Jemma1111 Sat 11-Jun-11 17:52:19

Your son is an absolute credit to you!

You must be totally bursting with pride smile

psiloveyou Sat 11-Jun-11 17:53:44

How lovely. You are right to be proud of him. smile

Jaspants Sat 11-Jun-11 17:54:04

<<tears in eyes>> My DS has been the other boy many times.

You should be very very proud of him, and of your fantastic parenting skills.

Andrewofgg Sat 11-Jun-11 17:54:10

You lucky person!

RunAwayWife Sat 11-Jun-11 17:56:56

He was talking to me about it all yesterday (well the school trip) I knew about all the other stuff.
I had tears in my eyes and they were a mix of pride in my son and anger in other peoples.
DS2 little friend is a lovely little chap, but we are the only ones to have him on play dates, I actually had one mother tell me she thought I was brave taking him home with me angry how I did not slap her I don't know.

As long as he is comfortable in his surroundings and you don't throw him a curve ball such as time to go home now and instead say when the hands of the clock get to here we are going to pack out things away and when they are here we are going to get in the car to go home its fine. He and DS2 will be going to different high schools in September and DS2 is very worried how his friend will cope sad.
I think the other boys have missed out on being friends with this little boy as he is lovely, DS2s take on it is if they wont be his friends because he is his friends friend then they are not worth being friends with.

I love my boy smile

Mishy1234 Sat 11-Jun-11 18:00:03

Wow, you are right to be proud. That little boy will remember your son's loyalty for the rest of his life and so will his parents. It isn't an easy thing to stand out from the crowd, especially for a 10 yo.

MightyAphrodite Sat 11-Jun-11 18:02:19

'I think the other boys have missed out on being friends with this little boy as he is lovely' - you're so right. And I'm a bit shock at the other boys and mums.

maddiemostmerry Sat 11-Jun-11 18:09:29

Sounds like you son is a great friendsmile

When my asd son went on a residential trip there were five of them in a room, three with sn, two without. The mums of the two without sn requested that there children be moved to another room.
I shouldn't have been upset but I was.

You are right to be proud.

Gorran Sat 11-Jun-11 18:10:18

And you are very rightly proud. What a lovely boy your son sounds.

Gorran Sat 11-Jun-11 18:11:44

Actually I want to say (unpatronisingly if possible) you should be bloody proud of yourself too, you've clearly done a very good job of raising a really nice little boy.

coccyx Sat 11-Jun-11 18:12:15

3 cheers for your fantastic son

BitOfFun Sat 11-Jun-11 18:12:25

Kudos to your son. I seem to have some dust in my eye...

musicposy Sat 11-Jun-11 18:15:28

Oh that's wonderful to read, I have tears in my eyes. Be very proud!

CadleCrap Sat 11-Jun-11 18:18:03

I seem to need to wipe a tear away too - must be the onions I'm not chopping

I hope my DS (3) will allow me the pleasure of posting a similar thread one day! smile

bigTillyMint Sat 11-Jun-11 18:18:45

Awww - you are right to be proud. smile

MarioandLuigi Sat 11-Jun-11 18:19:45

Thats so lovely - and very heartwarming for those of us who have a child that might be avoided in the future.

TimeWasting Sat 11-Jun-11 18:20:14

What a wonderful boy.

MarioandLuigi Sat 11-Jun-11 18:20:22

I worded that really badly - I mean that those of us who have a child with ASD, and who's fear is that no-one will want to play with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now