Talk

Advanced search

to not have to wait 45 mins in Tescos to get 100 Euros?

(3 Posts)
curiouscate Sat 11-Jun-11 14:50:34

I went to Tescos yesterday to get 100 euros for dd who is going on a school trip tomorrow. It has the best exchange rate around here. We waited 45 mins to get served and there was only 2 people in front of us. The first lady wanted money from peru, the assistant had to phone someone up twice to get the correct exchange rate and then do the calculations, meanwhile asking her about her trip and who she was going with etc etc. The second lady wanted to put some money on a card to go to Magalluf, and we heard all about her evening partying (get the picture). All I wanted was 100 Euros. 45 mins and a bored dd later, I got them. Is this reasonable? Normally when we go abroad as a family we order online and get free delivery (and a better rate) but they don't do it when you are ordering so little.

eurochick Sat 11-Jun-11 14:55:57

No, that's rubbish service.

I keep a stock of euros at home as I seem to go to eurozone countries pretty often. Usually just whatever is left from my last trip. That's usually enough to get a taxi to the hotel and then I can find a cash machine to get more.

squeakytoy Sat 11-Jun-11 14:56:24

Well to be fair, you were in a queue. It is a long time. I would probably have got bored and wandered around the shop until the customers before you had finished.

When we go abroad we always exchange once we are there as the rate tends to be better, although I appreciate you couldnt expect a child on a trip to be able to do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now