Talk

Advanced search

To think about this kind of thing when getting dressed?

(7 Posts)
Moulesfrites Sat 11-Jun-11 10:25:17

So, dh, ds and I are meeting a friend for lunch today. The last time we saw her was at ds's christening two weeks.
Ago. When getting ready ds starts to iron the same shirt he wore for the christening. I say, don't you think you should wear something else as this is what you wore last time you saw our friend. Dh looks at me like I have two heads.

I would always think about what I was wearing last time I saw someone and make sure I was wearing something different.

Oh, and it wasn't just any old shirt, it had a v distinctive pattern, so she would probably recognise it.

Disclaimer: this is lighthearted. I know there are more important things to worry about...

WriterofDreams Sat 11-Jun-11 10:28:13

Yeah I catch myself doing that and then feel a bit sad for doing it. I only have about three "going out" things so the danger is that I'll wear the same thing like 500,000 times. People have commented on it and I've been embarrassed even though they only meant it as a joke. DH couldn't give a toss and I try to emulate him grin

WriterofDreams Sat 11-Jun-11 10:28:59

ps I now have a baby and I never go out, plus my going out things don't fit me any more so that's sort of solved my problem, in a way <need to go shopping and go out sometimes emoticon>

WhoWhoWhoWho Sat 11-Jun-11 10:31:16

I would like to do this with DS but there is no parting him from his beloved doctor who Tshirt. Sigh! hmm grin

Alibabaandthe80nappies Sat 11-Jun-11 10:31:45

YANBU

strandedbear Sat 11-Jun-11 10:33:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

vmcd28 Sat 11-Jun-11 10:45:41

I agree! With one friend in particular, who has loads of cash, looks amazing, and always wears Prada and Chanel from head to toe.
I could NEVER compete, in my George, Dorothy Perkins or Zara (when I'm feeling flush), but I still have to make sure I'm not seen wearing the same thing twice. Ridiculous.

However, I am more than impressed that your son was ironing a shirt for himself (regardless of what age he is!). I cant wait for that day - mine are 6yo and 6mo. I have a while to wait yet...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: